***Official ISU vs Texas Meltdown Thread***

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
All about execution, in the last 4 games, we are right there and just a few more mistakes, we clean that up we win. I could see us getting the last 4 with good bye week recovery!

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
A scholarship isn't the same as "getting paid" no matter how much you may want to think it is.
If someone gets an academic scholarship to ISU, do you connotate that with them getting paid?

It just boils down to me thinking that booing and blaming our own players is kinda ******. You disagree with that. That's fine.

Gee, I wish I would've had free college. Free room and board etc. It is like getting paid no matter how much you don't want it to be. Do you know for a fact that he isn't getting any NIL money? Are you his grandmother? Maybe you could have the ISU football children players over for milk and cookies and tell them how you are crusading the interwebs to protect them from online critics who might say mean things about them.

I've never booed players, but I don't have a problem with fans doing it if they are sucking. They're professional athletes now. The players demanded the money. Now they have it. Maybe you should stick to watching high school sports if it triggers you so much.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Gee, I wish I would've had free college. Free room and board etc. It is like getting paid no matter how much you don't want it to be. Do you know for a fact that he isn't getting any NIL money? Are you his grandmother? Maybe you could have the ISU football children players over for milk and cookies and tell them how you are crusading the interwebs to protect them from online critics who might say mean things about them.

I've never booed players, but I don't have a problem with fans doing it if they are sucking. They're professional athletes now. The players demanded the money. Now they have it. Maybe you should stick to watching high school sports if it triggers you so much.
Holy triggered manifesto.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Can anyone provide the justification for the roughing the passer on us? Was it the fact that the hit came too long after the throw or were we supposed to let up and not go to the ground with him?

I re-watched that a few times and I can't figure it out. It definitely was bang bang and you couldn't let up or not go to the ground once you commit to going after the ball.

I am pretty sure there are some folks on here that can explain why that was a good call and that 15 extra yards was totally justified and that we just have to be better to not get these obvious calls.

That 15 yards didn't give them the touchdown or win them the game. But, it sure as hell didn't hurt their odds.

Anyone?
I assume the referee thought he landed on top of the QB with the force of his whole body, but it looked to me that he landed off to the side.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I assume the referee thought he landed on top of the QB with the force of his whole body, but it looked to me that he landed off to the side.
Do they have some kind of device that measures what percentage of bodyweight comes down on a player? If not then it all seems subjective and we seem to get the short end of the stick as usual.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
At the end of the day, you are what your record is. This year is a major black eye for Campbell. I doubt we see Campbell linked to any high profile jobs going forward. Disappointing!
Agree with you are what your record is but Campbell won't be blamed because everyone points at Iowa State as the problem. These people who blame Iowa State don't see the fans support and better facilities. This is not the same Iowa State of even10 years ago.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
Good game yesterday. Didn't expect to win and although we could have and that makes it hurt, overall I am not upset with the outcome. Offense showed a lot of improvement which is what we wanted. Playcall to Noel for the 50+ yard TD was the best playcall from Manning this year.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Good game yesterday. Didn't expect to win and although we could have and that makes it hurt, overall I am not upset with the outcome. Offense showed a lot of improvement which is what we wanted. Playcall to Noel for the 50+ yard TD was the best playcall from Manning this year.
Weren't you the guy having a nuclear meltdown after the K-State game but now this loss is fine?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It is tough to slide in all that traffic, but to your point we haven’t really seen him slide at all. I do think he was trying to get down when he took the big hit. He wasn’t trying to truck the guy like Texas fans would have you believe. If it would have been Ewers, they would have ruled he had given himself up at that point and threw the flag for unnecessary roughness and then added the targeting penalty in review.
So true. More than likely anyway.

So you've got these rules to protect the players, and to protect the QB's. Then when a QB (our QB) gets clocked in the head, and the reason he fumbled is because he got clocked in the head, and it's clear that it was helmet to helmet glancing contact, then harder shoulder to helmet impact, this is all OK? The QB lies dead on the field and the refs are only reviewing if the ball came out before or after his knee hit the ground.

Makes perfect damn sense to me.

• Agree
Reactions: CyNews and bozclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

High school kids can sign NIL deals, you boo them too?

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

I'd love to see the tongue lashing CMC would have for an attitude like this. Just take the ISU off your user name.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
What was the bad call?
The lack of a targeting call? Idk why you are being so purposefully obtuse about it. Everyone and their brother knows that was targeting. Any other program gets that call. That’s why fans are so pissed. I mean christ watch the replay, the first guy hits Dekkers with a forearm to the helmet from the side then the second guy hit his square on the top of the helmet with his shoulder pad. You don’t need helmet to helmet contact for targeting, just contact to the head or neck area which the Texas player accomplished after launching at a player on his way down.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The lack of a targeting call? Idk why you are being so purposefully obtuse about it. Everyone and their brother knows that was targeting. Any other program gets that call. That’s why fans are so pissed. I mean christ watch the replay, the first guy hits Dekkers with a forearm to the helmet from the side then the second guy hit his square on the top of the helmet with his shoulder pad. You don’t need helmet to helmet contact for targeting, just contact to the head or neck area which the Texas player accomplished after launching at a player on his way down.
Not obtuse…I’m being objective. Crappy timing, violent play, but I immediately saw it was a fumble and likely wasn’t targeting when I saw the replay. If it’s that clear to me, I wonder how others can be so blind.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Not obtuse…I’m being objective. Crappy timing, violent play, but I immediately saw it was a fumble and likely wasn’t targeting when I saw the replay. If it’s that clear to me, I wonder how others can be so blind.
Very clearly a targeting, easy call that gets called and confirmed 99 times out of 100. Easily confirmed in real-time speed and slow motion.

Edit: Wow watching it on replay again, it’s even worse. Hunter is writhing in pain/shock from being absolutely SHASMED in the “head/neck area” - instantly grabs his head/facemask. Literally 100% the exact type of play that a targeting is trying to prevent/warn against. Literally fumbles the ball because of the violent targeting impact to his head/neck area.

Last edited: