Official ISU vs Toledo Autopsy Thread (Post-Game)

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
This was unbelieveable...I've never seen a meltdown like this before. We liteally gave the game away. ISU is no doubt a bottom 10 team.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have to say that was about as bad of an ending as I've ever seen at ISU and God knows we've had a lot of them over the years. It wasn't a coaching mistake or any one player really, we just completely collapsed all around.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Couldn't even believe it...2 minute meltdown. Well I guess everything besides the special teams was clicking better today though right?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I don't know what there is to say. We just gave a win away to a terrible team. Thought we did some good things out there, but it doesn't matter when you can't cover kicks or successfully punt a football away.

timjans

Apr 10, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have seen high school teams perform better than that in the last two minutes of a game. That special teams effort was hideous. AHHH

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
On a positive note, Bass looked good and we had some things going well. Of course that's again the nation's worst defense (err I guess 2nd worst).

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
This was not a melt-down, it's "classic" Iowa State football. No one said it would be easy. I am upset but I saw a lot of good things tonight.

Fairweather fans, exit stage right. For the rest of us, see ya in Lincoln.

GO STATE!

kccyclone

Oct 23, 2006
Olathe, KS
Did I really just see that?

Did we really give up an eleven point lead due to special teams just to have a field goal blocked at the end? I don't know what to think!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Why autopsy? Is the team dead? Did they quit? Is the end of the world near?

No to all of 'em.

Is this a bad loss...does it suck...am I pissed?

Yes to all.

But this team/staff will move on, learn and regroup.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Jeremy, when everyone collapes as you said, it has to be someonesw fault, doesn't it?

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
The 'special' teams got off the short bus today... Embarrassing, especially after the offense gets you where you need to be to win the game, twice...

Meanwhile, Iowa is up on Wisconsin... I just don't get the roller coaster that is Iowa State Football...

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Please, no more setting things up for a FG try

This ISU offense looks way too much like Mac's offenses. Running the ball with the lead. Running the ball when we're behind. How many times did they call a QB draw on ISU's last drive? After we got inside the 35 yard line, it seems like 3/4 of the plays were runs by Meyer. And once we got down to the 25 yard line, it was pretty clear that Chizik/McFarland were only interested in protecting the ball so we could kick a FG. Well, I've got news for them: game winning FGs don't happen too much in college football, especially if you're ISU. Yeah, we got one last week but how many times have we been burned? How many times has Florida State been burned settling for a FG try?

One last rant. Chizik should have challenged the catch where Sumrall bobbled the ball going out of bounds. On the replay, Sumrall clearly regained possession before he went out. When you're given two challenges in a game, you better use them!!

Let's hope the coaches are taking notes on how to win (not lose) games that we have no business losing. We've seen enough of them this year to last a long time.