**Official: KC Big 12 Tournament Info (Tickets)**

Jan 30, 2011
So what do you think are the best option to get into the game Thursday? Try and scalp an all session ticket at game time, or buy them in advance.

How much is reasonable to pay for the Session 3 tickets? $85 is the cheapest i see on Stubhub.

What about the Women's game? Is that a different ticket?

Never been down to KC before for the tourney.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Re: How do the Big 12 Tourney Tickets work?

Thanks for asking, I am having similar questions.

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008

So what do you think are the best option to get into the game Thursday? Try and scalp an all session ticket at game time, or buy them in advance.

How much is reasonable to pay for the Session 3 tickets? $85 is the cheapest i see on Stubhub.

What about the Women's game? Is that a different ticket?

Never been down to KC before for the tourney.

Should be able to get them close to face for session 3 scalping. If you're down Wed. night, you can probably get all session from people whos teams are out for a low price as well.

Women's game is a different ticket and they have plenty available. Won't be many people scalping those. Tickets are 20 or 25 from box office down there. Ticketmaster for session 2

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Should be able to get them close to face for session 3 scalping. If you're down Wed. night, you can probably get all session from people whos teams are out for a low price as well.

Women's game is a different ticket and they have plenty available. Won't be many people scalping those. Tickets are 20 or 25 from box office down there.

If we only get there an hour or so before game time on Thursday will we have trouble finding a ticket?

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008

If we only get there an hour or so before game time on Thursday will we have trouble finding a ticket?

Which game? first game in the session or our game?

Best time to get tickets is probably RIGHT before or 5 min. before the 1st game of the session starts in my previous experience.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

What is face value for session 3 tickets?

Also, we really need to get a KC Big 12 Tournament info thread stickied. A lot of people have questions and answers that would be useful. The first post should be edited to include all new/updated information so it is easy to find. Anyone want to get something like that started? I don't have the motivation right now.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Which game? first game in the session or our game?

Best time to get tickets is probably RIGHT before or 5 min. before the 1st game of the session starts in my previous experience.

Before our game. I doubt we will have time to make it into the first game of the session. Have to work that day, won't get down until 7 or 7:30.

Jan 30, 2011

Women's game is a different ticket and they have plenty available. Won't be many people scalping those. Tickets are 20 or 25 from box office down there. Ticketmaster for session 2

How much is face value on the Men's Session 3?

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008

Before our game. I doubt we will have time to make it into the first game of the session. Have to work that day, won't get down until 7 or 7:30.

Depending on demand it could be more expensive....I think you're looking at a $40-$60 ticket IMO

How much is face value on the Men's Session 3?

um not entirely sure, but all session tickets ranged from $225 for upper level to $330 + more for lower level for entire session strips (so around 45-70 face?)

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Depending on demand it could be more expensive....I think you're looking at a $40-$60 ticket IMO

um not entirely sure, but all session tickets ranged from $225 for upper level to $330 + more for lower level for entire session strips (so around 45-70 face?)

But we won't have trouble finding a ticket despite the session having already started with the 6 PM game?

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008

But we won't have trouble finding a ticket despite the session having already started with the 6 PM game?

Correct. You will have to buy from actually resellers probably, but depending on demand for session 3 it will range in price. I'm still thinking if you get there around 7:30ish you're looking at a 40-60 ticket range per ticket.

If people really want cheap tickets I would recommend that they find people after the games are done Wed. night or right after the 1st session on Thursday. Many people going to the 1st session on Thursday will not stick around for the later session and will want to unload their tickets that afternoon.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
If you want session 3 ticket(s), my best bet is to find KU fans outside the Sprint Center right after or before session 2.
I was able to score my session 3 tix from KU donor (They rather go eat at Okie Joes than watch Mizzou play).

My guess is price will drop once Mizzou game starts at 6pm.

I think session 4 is going to be a tough ticket to score if KU, K-State, Mizzou, and ISU advances (I don't know if this ever happened before?)

resident

Nov 13, 2006
seattle
I bought all session from a guy on craigslist today for $450. As much as I hate to say it...it would be very lucrative for KU and MU to play in the finals. The border war tickets in Lawrence 2 weeks ago were going for $400 minimum. I would expect the tournament finals with those two to be similarly priced.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

If you are not arriving any sooner than 7:30 p.m. then you need to get tickets in advance. Scalpers won't have any left at that point and will be inside the Sprint Center.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I bought all session from a guy on craigslist today for $450. As much as I hate to say it...it would be very lucrative for KU and MU to play in the finals. The border war tickets in Lawrence 2 weeks ago were going for $400 minimum. I would expect the tournament finals with those two to be similarly priced.

You are correct. I wasn't sure if I wanted to risk the chance of KU or MU getting beat out of B12 tourney, plus we will knock MU out on Friday night :)