***Official Kentucky Derby Thread***

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
who has everyone got?? Cant believe it is that time of year again judging by the snow on the ground here in central Iowa. this is one of my favorite sports events of the year!

im going with orb to win im taking the favorite because i know nothing about horse racing.

im also thinking of doing a trifecta

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
used to follow more closely, but I'm going with the Pitino horse. can't make my real picks until I see them do the walkabout. Then I just pick the prettiest one. Usually works decently. Darn near had a Triple Crown winner pick back in 1998.

tjh1984

Feb 11, 2009
New Orleans
I am being chalky and going with Orb, has been getting better numbers as the distance of his races have been getting longer. I loved his FL Derby run, was 3 wide the whole race. Rosario is the hottest jock in the country and hops aboard. Good luck to anyone who plays!

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Verrazano or Overanalyze, then Lines of Battle, Javas War. Starting away from favorites with the ****** weather.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My theory is never play the favorite, you want someone in the 2nd to 6th best odds. And then pick a cool name, cool names matter. So I like Revolutionary and Java's War.

Minor caveat: I know absolutely nothing about horses that a 7 year-old does not know.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
[video=youtube;z0umYspP3_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0umYspP3_4[/video]

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Anyone here know why the race doesn't show up on TVG.com to bet on? There is advertising for betting on the race all over the site, so maybe it has something to do with the state of Iowa.

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
Anyone here know why the race doesn't show up on TVG.com to bet on? There is advertising for betting on the race all over the site, so maybe it has something to do with the state of Iowa.

TVG and Prairie Meadows inked a deal last year to allow online betting, so I'm not sure what the problem is for you? Do u have a membership with TVG?

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I went out to Prairie Meadows this morning to buy my tickets. I kind of wondered if they would think I was strange going in at 10am to buy Derby tickets. They had a ton of tellers open and I still had to wait in line. It was already crazy there. Still regretting that I didn't slam a quick mint julep.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
TVG and Prairie Meadows inked a deal last year to allow online betting, so I'm not sure what the problem is for you? Do u have a membership with TVG?

Yep. Got it last year to goof off and place a few bets on some of the races at PM. It worked fine then. I have money in my account, and races at other tracks are showing as available to wager, but Churchill is showing no races for today. Who knows. I just tried to go back, and it looks like the website is down, so maybe it was due to technical difficulties.

Help Support Us

Become a patron