Official Maine-Iowa Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sounded like many people think Stanzi looked better than Jake.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I was impressed by the Hawks - Shonne Greene is tough and wow Jewel Hampton reminds me of Damion Simms.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
If Jake plays like he did that 1st qtr we're up 21-0 with 3 ints for tds.
Otherwise Greene ran well and Iowa's defense wasn't as good as I thought it would be...nice to see Ankeny star Brodell back to 100%.

Sept. 13 might be one for the ages.....again!!

cyclonejk

Jun 20, 2008
Yeah Greene ran pretty decent for 1st time back, but its so hard to get a good read from a game like this because Maine was awful. If I were Iowa and ISU, I would take these week 1 games with a grain of salt performance wise.

I do know one thing is for sure that SDSU would pound Maine. Maine is terrible. At least with SDSU, the quarterback only lost the game for them, but with Maine the whole team just sucks (and its not because Iowa is making them look bad either).

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Neither Maine or SDSU are good enough to give fans much to evaluate about Iowa or ISU.

Iowa should be concerned, however, about going 4-for-13 on 3rd downs against such an inferior opponent -- especially considering how pathetic their offense was last year -- and that Jake is pretty much the same as last year.

ISU should be concerned about sloppy tackling -- the score could have been closer w/o the SDSU QB throwing the ball to the wrong team regularly -- and about the personal foul penalties.

ISU will get a better feel for how good the team is next week against Kent State. Iowa against Florida International will be a repeat of week 1.

GoState

Jun 4, 2006
Beaverdale
Let's be honest, Maine v. SDSU would be a push. To say otherwise--particularly that Maine was terrible and SDSU wasn't--is just wrong.

We need to improve. Iowa needs to improve. Let's hope we do moreso than they do.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Kent State only won 3 games last year. Not sure if they are really much better than the team we just played.

A rash of injuries to key positions including QB contributed to some of those 9 losses. The game in Ames was the only contest in which they had all of their front line players available.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Let's be honest, Maine v. SDSU would be a push.

Not according to "SlyIowaGuy" on the Rag's website message board:

I watched both games. SDSU was so much worse than Maine it's not even funny. Both were terrible (don't get me wrong) but my 4-5 high school team my senior year could have played at SDSU. At least Maine had a QB who didn't squirt himself everytime he saw a defender. Again... you can't get a true feeling for either team after the teams they played first week. Everyone needs to close their traps untl we see games that matter.

:biglaugh: