*** Official March Madness NCAA Tournament Thread 2023 ***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Seriously though, any word on how the FAU-SDSU game did? Best damn game of the whole tournament IMO.

According to one analysis, it did well. Not sure if this is a definitive assessment, but first I encountered.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
UConn is a blue blood at this point, if they weren't already prior to last night. 5 chips in the last 24 years beats em all!

Oh, absolutely. Whatever your feelings are on them, they are definitely a top program nationally. I was thinking more along the lines of people who pretend that they know such things telling us all about how because UNC or Kansas or Duke or Kentucky weren't in Houston that nobody was going to watch the games.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
One of those is not like the other, STJ because of NYC? I see no other reason.
Agree St. Johns is a stretch. IMO there are bigger basketball brands on the east coast like Georgetown and Villanova.

UConn would be a great get, but my guess is they would want to join in all sports. It might be worth it to take their FB program if it means getting their mens & womens basketball programs. Could structure taking UConn FB at a partial share and full share contingent on UConn meeting certain investment/performance critieria before the Big12's next TV goes to market in 2031. Or structure a partnership with UConn FB similar to what ND has with ACC.

The Big East TV rights deal expires in a couple years and the conference commissioner has begun negotiations with FOX- so not a bad time for Yormark to pitch the Big12 to basketball only schools. Adding Gonzaga, Creighton, Georgetown and (Villanova or Marquette or Xavier) could solidify the Big12 as the best basketball conference.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
According to one analysis, it did well. Not sure if this is a definitive assessment, but first I encountered.

It's interesting this year's semi-final round was down vs. last year and last year's Final 4 was on TBS vs. CBS. Although the drop vs. last year appears match-up based: UConn vs Miami in 2023 compared to UNC vs. Duke in 2022. Didn't realize Coach K was that likable.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
It's interesting this year's semi-final round was down vs. last year and last year's Final 4 was on TBS vs. CBS. Although the drop vs. last year appears match-up based: UConn vs Miami in 2023 compared to UNC vs. Duke in 2022. Didn't realize Coach K was that likable.
It goes both ways, people tune in to see programs they hate, lose. Lots of people rooting for either UNC or Duke to lose in that game. Also it was Coach K's last go round.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Oh, absolutely. Whatever your feelings are on them, they are definitely a top program nationally. I was thinking more along the lines of people who pretend that they know such things telling us all about how because UNC or Kansas or Duke or Kentucky weren't in Houston that nobody was going to watch the games.

UConn is a blue blood its just odd it happens like 1 time a decade, than no one thinks about them at all.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

He's not but UNC, Duke and Kentucky get the hype from all the talking heads CBS, ESPN, etc.....the talking heads love their traditional blue bloods to hype and fawn over.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron