*** Official March Madness NCAA Tournament Thread 2023 ***

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Maybe it's just me but I think the Nantz stuff was way overdone. Is he dying of cancer, or is he giving up just one of the many sports in his broadcasting portfolio? Hard to tell from these tributes.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just imagine being a fan of a team that wins a NC every 4-6 years for a solid quarter century.

I cannot even imagine.
And if you are a women’s fan too and a Huskies fan, you have seen at least one national championship between the two (twice they both won in the same season) in all but I think 12 tournaments since 1999.

My wife is a UConn grad and to say she’s spoiled is putting it mildly. She’s also a Patriots fan, so whenever her teams don’t win and she gets upset I tell her to cry me a river lol.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Maybe it's just me but I think the Nantz stuff was way overdone. Is he dying of cancer, or is he giving up just one of the many sports in his broadcasting portfolio? Hard to tell from these tributes.
Bill Walton or bust

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And if you are a women’s fan too and a Huskies fan, you have seen at least one national championship between the two (twice they both won in the same season) in all but I think 12 tournaments since 1999.

My wife is a UConn grad and to say she’s spoiled is putting it mildly. She’s also a Patriots fan, so whenever her teams don’t win and she gets upset I tell her to cry me a river lol.

I'm sure there are UConn fans who grew up fans of Boston/NYC pro teams with boatloads of titles too as the closest pro teams. Of course there's no way a spoiled UConn fan could suffer through the Knicks.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm sure there are UConn fans who grew up fans of Boston/NYC pro teams with boatloads of titles too as the closest pro teams. Of course there's no way a spoiled UConn fan could suffer through the Knicks.
It’s so weird out here because Boston and NYC sandwich Connecticut. But yes if you are a UConn fan, you then are all Boston for pro sports or all NY. If you are the Boston ones, you have seen nothing but success for over two decades.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Jaz Kunc blocking a shot made an appearance at the very start of the song. Otherwise I think that was it for our Cyclones.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY