NBA: ***Official NBA Draft and Offseason Thread***

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I say George Paul and Westbrick will get past round 1, but doubtful for round 2. James Harden and CP0 aren't changing the landscape of the league either. The only way Houston or OKC will win a title is a major injury occurs to their opponent.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
With Paul George moving West, only 1 of the top 14 players in last year’s #NBARank will be in the Eastern Conference.
19510667_1697562243623858_8480785309029768017_n.jpg

Reactions: JHUNSY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Curry gets 5 year 201 million dollar contract. Highest paid player in NBA history. For these last few years his contract was the biggest bargain in nba history.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Then once Lebron goes to LA the east will have none. Just contract the east and have the WCBA Western Conference Basketball Association.

Lebron know the east is the best path to championships and I guess he'll try to stay in there with his next move.
Watch the Knicks, Meio and Porzingis are already there add in Wade and CP3 who will be free agents. Getting rid of Phil and the bad blood of with Bron/Melo and get out of a couple of bad contracts and possibly hire Griffen as their GM for the LBJ connection..
Bananaboat crew playing in MSG master plan could happen.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
The celtics better hope they get Hayward or else who will they add that can put them over Cleveland?? Hayward probably isn't even enough

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
That's it. That's all the Pacers got in return... They (OKC) shed Oladipo's $21 mil/year contract in the process.
You can thank Larry Bird for that one! Maybe was the worst GM in the NBA. Paul George announced what...18 months ago of his intentions? That gave Bird plenty of time, yet he did nothing.
Larry firing Vogel was a disastrous move also...hope new GM Kevin Pritchard can do better with what Bird left him.

• Disagree
Reactions: rholtgraves

LittleCy

May 7, 2016
You can thank Larry Bird for that one! Maybe was the worst GM in the NBA. Paul George announced what...18 months ago of his intentions? That gave Bird plenty of time, yet he did nothing.
Larry firing Vogel was a disastrous move also...hope new GM Kevin Pritchard can do better with what Bird left him.
I'm a Russ fan, so I'm happy with what Sam Presti did. I've seen about a hundred different trades that the Pacers were offered and this trade was probably the worst in terms of returns for Indiana. I don't care though, I'm happy. Well, for the next year at least.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Curry gets 5 year 201 million dollar contract. Highest paid player in NBA history. For these last few years his contract was the biggest bargain in nba history.

Nice of KD to take less, so that Curry can be the highest paid player in NBA. Am I the only one who can't stand Curry?? Love his game, but don't like his antics on the floor or his attitude. Just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Good for him though raking in the money.

Also, being a Wolves fan, not sure yet how I feel about the Rubio- Teague deal??

• Agree
Reactions: NewClone09

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Nice of KD to take less, so that Curry can be the highest paid player in NBA. Am I the only one who can't stand Curry?? Love his game, but don't like his antics on the floor or his attitude. Just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Good for him though raking in the money.

Also, being a Wolves fan, not sure yet how I feel about the Rubio- Teague deal??

Teague's ok. Nice offensive player but he's not much of a high screen defender. He's slow fighting through screens or he just goes underneath, which is death against a good PG. Odd choice for a defense oriented coach like Thibs.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Teague's ok. Nice offensive player but he's not much of a high screen defender. He's slow fighting through screens or he just goes underneath, which is death against a good PG. Odd choice for a defense oriented coach like Thibs.

I agree. I think the Wolves need more of a distributor PG like Rubio is, versus a scoring PG. Wolves will have PLENTY of scoring options, just need a PG to get them the ball IMO. Would like to see Monte up there as a backup. Just go out there, run the show, get others the ball, don't turn it over, play the pick and roll beautifully, etc, etc

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Thibodeau completely transformed the formerly-laid back Noah into a defensive monster.

• Disagree

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I agree. I think the Wolves need more of a distributor PG like Rubio is, versus a scoring PG. Wolves will have PLENTY of scoring options, just need a PG to get them the ball IMO. Would like to see Monte up there as a backup. Just go out there, run the show, get others the ball, don't turn it over, play the pick and roll beautifully, etc, etc

I think the idea is they wanted more outside shooting from the PG position since Butler and Wiggins are average at best from 3 and Rubio is sub par. Teague isn't that great of an upgrade at 4 more per year in my mind but the Wolves think so. I'll hold judgement until the T-Wolves finish their roster though, need a shooter and at upgrade PF would be ideal. They are currently meeting with Milsap which other than age would be a good fit there.

One of there shooting targets JJ Redick just signed with the 76ers for 1 year 23 million.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
T'Wolves sign Taj Gibson for 2 years at $14M/per year. Some real questionable moves by Thibs after the Butler trade. It's really hard to be both coach and GM and he's showing some Doc River's like tendancies which is not a good thing.