***Official NCAA Wrestling Championships Info and Discussion Thread***

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
We're in the pigtails. Only one pigtail per weight. We happened to draw two of them.

I knew we drew 2 of them, just didn't remember that they started it off and they skipped the first round. Brain fart on my part.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
ISU in first place after the pigtails.... (because we were the only team with two guys that drew pigtails and they both won).

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Gibson wins it 10-2 for the major decision and an extra .5 team point.

ISU has 2.5 points after the pigtails.

Clarification for anyone that knows. I believe it used to be that you had to win your next match in order for the pigtail points to count. Apparently that is no longer the case? Or I'm just mis-remembering altogether?

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Clarification for anyone that knows. I believe it used to be that you had to win your next match in order for the pigtail points to count. Apparently that is no longer the case? Or I'm just mis-remembering altogether?

Actually, I think you always got the point in pigtails, just might not have gotten it after you got an "injury default" and then lost. I could be wrong, though.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

The pigtails are technically the only match in the first round of a 64 man bracket, and everyone else gets a bye. If you got that bye you have to win your next match to get the point for it. So for the other 31 wrestlers if they get a win in this round they get a point for the "bye" and a point for the win.

I think you are right though - I seem to remember it being different.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
It's the same in the consolation - there is only one match in the first round of consolations (none of our guys drew a chance at that happening). So if you win your first round consolation match you get .5 for the bye and .5 for the win.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Goettl holds him down long enough to erases RT but eventually gives up the escape. Down 1-5.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Desperation shot by Goettl results in giving up a takedown. Dardanes cuts him to make it 2-9.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron