NFL: *** Official Preseason Thread ***

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Only in Iowa can I get two broadcasts of the GB - KC game, the CHI game, and the MIN game on over the air broadcast.:D

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Only in Iowa can I get two broadcasts of the GB - KC game, the CHI game, and the MIN game on over the air broadcast.:D

People give me **** for being from a state with no pro teams...what's wrong with having choices?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well, the way I look at it, there are 32 teams in the NFL, I want to see more than half at most as a casual fan. Watching the NFC North and AFC West every year gets boring.

Well there was once a time when there was like one game a week so no complaints here.
I also have NBC and CBS who show just about anyone.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This preseason has been brutal. Maybe because the bears played zero starters.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This preseason has been brutal. Maybe because the bears played zero starters.

On the other hand they were still gushing about Montgomery and he's played one game.

Definitely making the case for less actual preseason games though.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Yeah I'd think hurts his chances even more so. Too bad. Couple of Packers fans I know were really happy with him and think he should have a spot but believe the Packers organization will play to the draft picks to hold face on draft choices.

Actually it might be a good thing.

Reactions: madguy30

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This seems like a fleecing to me:

And it turns out the Texans are also picking up seven million dollars of Clowney's salary for the season. So Seattle at worst gets a one year rental of an All-Pro caliber player for nine mil. The Texans got absolutely worked over.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

I'd like it more for Houston if they had gotten Tunsil to agree to a long term deal before completing the trade. He has all the leverage in contract talks now because with everything they gave up to acquire him they can't afford to let him leave in free agency after next season.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'd like it more for Houston if they had gotten Tunsil to agree to a long term deal before completing the trade. He has all the leverage in contract talks now because with everything they gave up to acquire him they can't afford to let him leave in free agency after next season.
Yeah, if you didn't know that Houston was operating without a general manager before, you certainly can tell now. Their entire weekend reeks of a coach calling the shots and trying to win now. I'm not saying that they were necessarily bad moves, but a GM looking out for future seasons might not have made them the same way.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, if you didn't know that Houston was operating without a general manager before, you certainly can tell now. Their entire weekend reeks of a coach calling the shots and trying to win now. I'm not saying that they were necessarily bad moves, but a GM looking out for future seasons might not have made them the same way.

Agreed. Very shortsighted moves. By shoring up the o-line and adding another complementary receiver he's probably done enough to put Houston over the top in a so-so AFC South this year, but going forward it's going to be tough to justify these moves. They're looking at a long term future with limited draft capital and cap issues once Watson gets paid and they shell out for Tunsil.