*** Official South Dakota State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's so inconsistent...both are right at different times and with different players. But I swear Conditt wanted to get a foul so he'd get taken out. Nothing about how he's playing says that he's all in. And who would blame him? He's definitely top 5 talent on the roster but Steve has him riding the bench. Hard to keep putting the effort forward it you know it's kind of pointless.

They look like they already know they're in for a long season.

SDSU is 1-2 and is just playing their game.

• Agree
Reactions: DSM4Cy

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It doesn't matter who your coach is or what the other game variables are, you'll never win a game without hitting open shots. They have been awful at that. D1 caliber players should be expected to hit easy shots at a high rate from day 1.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
With the way the football season has gone, I have a hard time being upset right now. I'm going to be patient and hope to see remarkable improvement over the course of the season.

This year is just about getting a functional rotation/roster then bringing in Hunter next year and hoping for the best.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
He hired and retained CMC. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I don't disagree about CMC. Remember had to go thru the Chiz and Paul before we got there though. And how about wrestling (although Dresser looks like he will get us back to wher we were before Cael and when J started). His history in hiring coaches is not real impressive.

• Dumb
Reactions: CycloneVet

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
It has to happen, we don't have another option. Very expensive to fire Prohm. Hopefully TJ or someone wants to come back and save the program. One thing we have going is that CMC will keep the brand name alive during Prohms tenure.

Steve has recruited some outstanding point guards who have been able to carry teams in the past. But when he doesn't have that, he's lost. One-dimensional coach. This team can't play iso because we have NO ONE who can actually penetrate and beat Big 12 players (or even Summit League ones). Yet, we have a spread floor with minimal movement...because our guys have already tried to beat the defender and know they can't. Yet, no adjustment - because we don't have a creative enough playbook to compensate for it.

Reactions: Go2Guy

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
I actually dont care if we get a basketball coach for 1 million after prohm leaves. Some young guy wo wants a shot at the P5. Put the money towards CMC and his staff. Rather win in football then basketball, if you had to choose one.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't disagree about CMC. Remember had to go thru the Chiz and Paul before we got there though. And how about wrestling (although Dresser looks like he will get us back to wher we were before Cael and when J started). His history in hiring coaches is not real impressive.

Both Chiz and Rhoads were the right hires for that time. Chiz was the splash hire we needed to excite the fanbase and start selling lots of tickets. Rhoads had a few solid years where he convinced Iowa State fans that we could beat anyone on a good day. He mightve done better had realignment not hit right when he should have been reaping the benefits on the recruiting trail.

And to be blunt, i couldnt give less of a **** about wrestling.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Conditt hasn't seemed to care for quite a while now. When we're up big he loves being out there giving it his all and running his mouth.... but when we're losing he just gives up. I hate to say that, but just watch him.... it's sadly the truth.

I don't disagree with you, but is it a lack of caring or just being so deflated to have been recruited when we were rocking it, and now having to endure his ISU tenure (as a legacy) on a disorganized, cellar-dwelling team? Would be pretty hard for me to deal with in a similar situation. Of course you want him to step up as a leader but he is a college kid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron