*** Official South Dakota State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
If we lose Campbell, at least he will have left us in a place where another coach can pick up and build on a solid foundation. Someone taking over after Prohm will be doing it from ground zero with nothing.

yeah it’s a two or three year rebuild, might be worse off than when Fred came, at least he had Diante and a young Melvin ejim..steve struggles to find enough guys to field a team anymore

it’s not bothering me anymore, I’ve accepted we suck and it’s just reality for a few years.

Im hopeful Harris can be a nice player here, Solomon is fun to root for, I do worry about conditt lack of development and that foster won’t develope under this staff...conditt really needs to improve now

prob avoid watching the ku, Baylor, even and Iowa games.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
No time to scan the inevitable idiocy contained in this thread.

Anywho, we cannot afford to start so slow, and pounding it inside to start the game seems like a must for the future.

SDSU is a really veteran team (this is a team that game West Virginia an 8 point game and beat UNI by more). Good enough to catch even our veteran teams early. There are a lot of bugs to work out, but a 3 point loss is not the end of the world. They got their feet under them, and fought back to make it tight.

Have to go inside-out. Have to hit the threes. Have to get better, and more together in all phases. Turning it into what we want it to be is a big ask, but I'm still convinced that this is a clearly better team than last year.
South Dakota State has 3 sophomores in their top 6. This isn’t an elite mid-major with 4 seniors in their starting five. They are an upper level Summit Conference team. No need to gloss over how disappointing it is to be in this spot in Year 6.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
No time to scan the inevitable idiocy contained in this thread.

Anywho, we cannot afford to start so slow, and pounding it inside to start the game seems like a must for the future.

SDSU is a really veteran team (this is a team that game West Virginia an 8 point game and beat UNI by more). Good enough to catch even our veteran teams early. There are a lot of bugs to work out, but a 3 point loss is not the end of the world. They got their feet under them, and fought back to make it tight.

Have to go inside-out. Have to hit the threes. Have to get better, and more together in all phases. Turning it into what we want it to be is a big ask, but I'm still convinced that this is a clearly better team than last year.

good lord man, if being better than last year is the standard, we got big issues, that was the worst team we have had here since the 7os

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If the guys with the ball in their hands all
of the time aren’t going to even attempt some mid range jumpers off of the high ball screen/brush screen then this offense is going nowhere. That look is key to keeping the defense honest and opening other things up.

I’m sure a lot of people were happy to see the force feeding of the ball down low all game but it makes everything so slow and stagnant. We’re not going to win much with Solo being the leading scorer, it takes too long and cuts the number of total possessions down to get him looks.

Good fight back though. But Frustrating to watch guys that can actually shoot the ball. Bolton’s jumper looks like Barkley’s golf swing.

Reactions: dahliaclone

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Watching #2 Baylor and considering how Scott Drew has risen a program from the dead with dudes literally killing each other vs Prohm, who has taken an Iowa State team that was at the gates of heaven when he took over and has taken it straight to hell...is really ruining my night.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Bolton’s jumper looks like Barkley’s golf swing.

SlightAbleCaiman-max-1mb.gif

jcymnsd

Feb 5, 2015
There is absolutely zero intensity on this team. Same as last year. I believe this comes from the coach on down. They had no energy out there there the first half and most of the second (different game after that technical). They must be just relaxed as hell in practice.

I know Hoiberg was pretty relaxed, but at least he had a fluid offense and had some x's & o's on it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
We may get banished to the cave, but there's totally something here...apparently "the right fit for Iowa State" is new code for this. And I like Steve and want him to be successful...but this is definitely a flaw/blindspot that JP has in his hiring process.

Remember JP has to be more savvy since we'll NEVER pay for an established coach...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
What’s going to drive me crazy is that Prohm won’t make any bold changes until like two months down the road. Either tweak the system to get something out of Harris and Bolton playing together, or bring one of them off the bench. They are redundant players in the half court. If they are both going to be out there then everything should be a push; off misses, off makes, every time. Doesn’t mean you can’t pull it back, but it’s got to be a push every time to try to find something open quickly.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Does Steve have the courage to ask his guys to run the offense through the post?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Seems it happened once every 8-9 minutes based on the report on home page. I didn’t see the game.

Solo had like 26. He wasn’t out there on the ball creating those points off the dribble or getting put backs. We used a lot of effort and time to get him the ball in his spots tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Solo had like 26. He wasn’t out there on the ball creating those points off the dribble or getting put backs. We used a lot of effort and time to get him the ball in his spots tonight.

Which will not work in conference play. Solo can’t match up at the 5 with the players in this conference. Our guards have to figure out how to shoot or were going to be taking L after L all year long.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
I'm tired of Prohm's coach speak... "We're growing" "We need to find the gaps" "Spacing" "Ball movement" Since his team cannot grasp fundamentals, maybe it's time for tough love and an approach that challenges the players. Have Tim Floyd come back to teach D and Eustachy return for 4am practices. It appears Prohm has the inability to get his message across to the players....or they aren't very smart...or they don't care...or they are mentally weak....or they just plain suck.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
For some reason The Stanz “Identity” article tells a different story.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
When I gave my season tickets up two years ago I couldn't help but feel a little guilty, almost like how I imagine someone feels filing for divorce when they still love their partner.

That feeling didn't last long. There is life beyond ****** ISU Prohm ball folks. Don't be a victim.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm tired of Prohm's coach speak... "We're growing" "We need to find the gaps" "Spacing" "Ball movement" Since his team cannot grasp fundamentals, maybe it's time for tough love and an approach that challenges the players. Have Tim Floyd come back to teach D and Eustachy return for 4am practices. It appears Prohm has the inability to get his message across to the players....or they aren't very smart...or they don't care...or they are mentally weak....or they just plain suck.

"They're mentally weak"- Guy who quits on team after first loss

I'm sure you had some wisdom to drop after the Louisiana game too

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron