***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
heard Romo say Brock went from game manager tonight to executive manager.
Brock has more playoff wins in 2 years than Romo has in a career. I barfed when romo critiqued Purdy. San Fran needs OL and then needs a LB to add depth. Kelce torched their backup

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Brock has more playoff wins in 2 years than Romo has in a career. I barfed when romo critiqued Purdy. San Fran needs OL and then needs a LB to add depth. Kelce torched their backup
I thought Romo was pretty complimentary of Brock, tonight. He gave him a ton of credit on some of his throws. I don't recall him being terribly critical at all.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Wishing you all the best and hope everything works out ok. Remember, property can always be replaced and obviously it shakes your feeling of safety, but lives are irreplaceable. Hang in there buddy.

Thanks. Never been so shaken up and rattled in all my life. Not sure how much I will sleep tonight but going to try. Thank goodness I have amazing family and friends that let me reach out to them in person or over the phone to stop me from having a complete mental breakdown.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
He’s been to 5 pro bowls and he’s overrated? He’s not the reason they lost.
Not saying he's overrated, but how on the biggest stage do you doing nothing from a pass catch perspective? I personally also love his personality but no one is immune from criticism when it's warranted.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The decision on 3rd and 4 was terrible in ot. You run again then pass in 4th down, fg is worthless. Insane to take the ball first.

So apparently I have to explain this to you again - by taking it second, if you tie the game, you're putting the ball right back in Mahomes' hands where it's now sudden death. You REALLY think that's a good idea?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
2 things are evident after watching the 49ers this season.
1. They need better interior offensive lineman
2. Another pass rusher to help Bosa.
They could have and probably should have won tonight. Too many special teams blunders did them in. KC knows how to close out games and win. Mahomes saved their asses. Brock held up well. We all should be proud of him.

Reactions: t-noah and NWICY

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
How do you figure? 7 different 49ers players had more yards than him. He was only targeted 3 times.
This is a guy who was targeted 90 times this season, for 65 catches and over a thousand yards.
For whatever reason, he was a non-factor in this game. Maybe the Chiefs successfully schemed him out of the game. Maybe he didn't play well. Maybe the coach just didn't draw anything up for him. It doesn't matter the reason. He is one of San Fran's stars and he was completely mitigated in the biggest game of the season. The story of this Super Bowl cannot be written without mentioning his lack of production.
Add in the NFC championship game as well.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I am heartbroken for Brock.... didn't play a perfect game but it did feel like he did enough to win them the game........and honestly the SF defense didn't play all that bad.

Now the SF special teams, boy oh boy, they lost the game. A blocked extra point and a muffed punt that led to a KC TD were the difference.

Reactions: BCClone and Jer

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So apparently I have to explain this to you again - by taking it second, if you tie the game, you're putting the ball right back in Mahomes' hands where it's now sudden death. You REALLY think that's a good idea?
You honestly think the 9ers would have kicked the extra point to tie it if they went second? No way that happens.

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Too much risk for zero reward to send a punt blocker back there when it is most likely going to be a fair catch or touchback. No reason why anybody other than the returner should be anywhere near the ball.

Reactions: Spam

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
If you're going to take the ball first with the new rules and Mahomes on the other side, you should probably be going for a TD or nothing on the first drive.
I should probably clarify this and say once you get in field goal range you should be going for TD or nothing. Obviously if you go 3 and out you should punt.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can we also talk about the "everyone doubted us" schtick that the Chiefs keep talking about?

No one doubted you guys
More people doubted Brock than the chiefs. Brock played well, but the talking heads won’t give him credit fully until he wins the big one. Really would have been huge for him and ISU if they won.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter