Official: Texas @ ISU "POST" Game Thread

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
anyone have any experience with Sprained kneecap? Are we looking at a season ender?

I feel really bad for that kid after the last game he had - really hurt just to see him in pain on the floor.
I know a kid who dislocate his kneecap in football. He was out 2-3 weeks, when he came back he did it again in the 1st quarter of his 1st game back, after reinjuring it he had to have surgery:sad:.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I had a dislocated kneecap in HS, and it had me out the rest of a FB season, so the above wouldn't happen. Sprain, much different and could have him back within a couple of weeks. Hope the MRI goes well.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I really wish we would have gotten Craig more involved tonight. He came as aggressive as I have ever seen him, and you got the feeling towards the end of the 1st half he was staring to hit his groove. We have got to find ways to get him the ball.

He wasn't getting the double teams and it seemed to help him establish better position resulting in more buckets. Had to be a confidence builder.

pujolsman

Mar 3, 2008
This team has potential to finish high in the Big 12. But they have to play as hard as they did today every game.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
I had a dislocated kneecap in HS, and it had me out the rest of a FB season, so the above wouldn't happen. Sprain, much different and could have him back within a couple of weeks. Hope the MRI goes well.
Why did you have to go there? It did happen, I saw it, it was gross. It was actually the 3rd time he dislocated his knee cap, once as a freshman, twice as a JR in a knee brace right now, plans on playing next year. Some kids are just tougher than others.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2009
Ames, IA
Team answered a ton of questions tonight for me. I'm back to having some faith in us doing well in Big 12 play this year.

Questions I felt answered: (especially the first half)
-REBOUNDING Holy crap I swear I saw our guys going after the boards and getting it done. We started boxing out and were withing like 5 rebounds of an incredibly solid rebounding team.

-OFFENSE Way more movement off the ball and even if we weren't making shots we were getting open looks.

-LUCCA saw him beginning to create his own shots! Hope that continues to improve.

-DIANTE I thought did a great job of presenting the threat of taking it to the hoop and getting an easy 2 now and then. Until this game I didn't think we showed much of a dribble drive threat from our guards. Could really help us in conference play.

CHEMISTRY overall seemed better too. I hope this was the beginning of this team gelling.

HILTON MAGIC...From watching on TV it seemed to exist tonight. Any first hand accounts able to back that perception up?

Hilton Magic was DEFINATLY there 2nite!! I've never been to an isu game that loud before it was insane!! My voice is gone and both my hands are bruised from banging on the chairs.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
PG play left alot to be desired tonight. Otherwise, great intensity for about 35 of 40 minutes. I know there will be plenty that blame this on McD, but I don't think you can put this one on him. #1 team in the country and we gave them all they could handle.

The point guard position for ISU is not good. That said, we still played inspired. College basketball is mostly about guard play and we are weak at that position. If we play with the energy we had tonight, we may finish 8-8 in the Big 12 which in my opinion, would be a good year.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
[/B]
Hilton Magic was DEFINATLY there 2nite!! I've never been to an isu game that loud before it was insane!! My voice is gone and both my hands are bruised from banging on the chairs.

Now for the next step - keep it like that for every game and not just top ranked teams - then we have something going :yes:

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I thought that was by far our best rebounding effort of the season. When we went up against guys who had better position, several times we at least got a hand on the ball and kept it in play until someone else could grab it. They didn't out rebound us by much.

I also thought we did a great job at breaking on the ball in the passing lanes, especially in the first half.

For the first time this season, we finally played to our potential. And it wasn't like Texas was sitting on their hands. We played at a high level for most of the game against an excellent team which was also playing well.

I think we ran out of gas in the second half, but considering Texas' depth, that's understandable. Yet we hung in there.

When you look at our lineup from top to bottom, no one had a bad game, and some guys were playing out of their minds.

The only negatives I saw tonight was that they were successful in getting open outside shots, especially against our zone. I think that killed us. But not that many teams are going to be able to spread the floor with the talent and depth which Texas can.

Overall, it was the kind of effort necessary to be successful. I am VERY proud of the effort. If we play with this type of intensity, we will win our share of conference games.

Reactions: Bigguns

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I thought that was by far our best rebounding effort of the season. When we went up against guys who had better position, several times we at least got a hand on the ball and kept it in play until someone else could grab it. They didn't out rebound us by much.

I also thought we did a great job at breaking on the ball in the passing lanes, especially in the first half.

For the first time this season, we finally played to our potential. And it wasn't like Texas was sitting on their hands. We played at a high level for most of the game against an excellent team which was also playing well.

I think we ran out of gas in the second half, but considering Texas' depth, that's understandable. Yet we hung in there.

When you look at our lineup from top to bottom, no one had a bad game, and some guys were playing out of their minds.

The only negatives I saw tonight was that they were successful in getting open outside shots, especially against our zone. I think that killed us. But not that many teams are going to be able to spread the floor with the talent and depth which Texas can.

Overall, it was the kind of effort necessary to be successful. I am VERY proud of the effort. If we play with this type of intensity, we will win our share of conference games.

Nice post.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
[/B]

Ummmmm, no it wasnt. Not even remotely close. It was a morgue in the 2nd half. 1st half was def as loud as it has been this year. I was shocked how quiet it was with only being down 7 pts, not just CA but the entire crowd.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
A lot of people thought DG didnt play well, I thought he did. He seems like a player that, in the future, is going to be able to get his own shot and drive to the basket easily. Somewhat like Tinsley was able to once Fizer left. Not as good as Tinsley but similar.

I think Gilstrap is ok, but everytime he touches the ball I hold my breathe waiting for him to make a poor decision. Sometimes I feel like he forces everything. His line is usually good but watching him move around with the ball, it just seems awkward. Also, I cant imagine anyone thinking that he has any chance at the next level, maybe overseas? I do however think he is an effective college player and valuable member of the team. He also often out hustles people to the ball which on this team is invaluable! He reminds me of Rashon Clark for some reason.

Dec 28, 2009
Ames, IA
Ummmmm, no it wasnt. Not even remotely close. It was a morgue in the 2nd half. 1st half was def as loud as it has been this year. I was shocked how quiet it was with only being down 7 pts, not just CA but the entire crowd.
well ya know what i'm gonna say ur an oldtimer who is nervous his generation's "magic" is in jeapardy of being shown up this season

S

st8

well ya know what i'm gonna say ur an oldtimer who is nervous his generation's "magic" is in jeapardy of being shown up this season

was the crowd good tonight, yes. was it by far the loudest it has been in a fairly long time, yes. does that equate to back during the floyd/eustachy eras when the place damn near shook and there weren't entire minutes of silence (2nd half especially) when we were only a few points down to the #1 team in the country, no. this season isn't showing up much of anything thus far, unless you're measuring those things with moral victories and "what ifs?" The magic will not return until we are capable of winning big games at home, not just coming close.

this is not to say that I was not happy with what I saw tonight and that I wasn't screaming and yelling throughout. but to say that tonight "showed up" the environment at hilton a decade ago only tells me that you obviously were not there to experience it when it was truly crazy and have no idea what you're talking about.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
I'll be happy when we win a big 12 game. I'm not too disappointed that we didn't win tonight, but it doesn't make me feel better either.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
My favorite thing was just the mindset of the team today. The toughest we've played all year, night and day compared to the Duke game.

After hearing about the whole Colvin situation, I had wondered if he hadn't single-handedly caused all of our chemistry issues. It can be hard to gel as a team when there is one player constantly bringing everyone down. To his credit, he seems to be changing his ways. Maybe his suspension will have more of an immediate positive effect than we thought. The next few games will really show if the team is starting to mesh and I can't wait to play Nebraska and find out.