*** Official UNI vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Dear Iowa State Football

I know it’s an annual tradition to run basic plays the opening week, using the first game of the year as a modified scrimmage. This has lead to many close games, much closer than any cyclone fan wants to endure.

Well, I’m at home recovering from heart surgery that I had on Monday. If you could find it in your heart to open the playbook and blow out the panthers, my heart would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Thank you, Iowa State football, for allowing me to take a much needed nap during the second half
Thank you, Iowa State fans, for your support

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I swear.... sometime coaches can be so stupid... why are any starters playing right now.... especially Rocco?
Cause sometime this year they may need to win a game by getting a first down late in the fourth quarter. If they did it we could build off that but we did not so they can chew some butt and have the film to help improve.

Reactions: CyValley

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I LOVE YOU ALL!

Nice game Clones!!!

Now, BEAT IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Not a fan of simply comfortable wins??
What kind of question is that?

Offense had 250 yards of offense.

That’s not awesome. It is perfectly fine to want our offense to be a little be better than that, to put together more 3rd down conversions than we did, to go 3 and out less than we did, to score more than 1 time in the second half against an FCS team. That’s not at all “too much to ask”.

It’s a good win, and yeah it was pretty comfortable. Doesn’t at all mean the offense was great. Or even good at times. Because it wasn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored and 83cy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
For pregame prediction award I'm making it co-award. Ron had the score pretty much dead on but Cyhig is coming off surgery and while we didn't open up the playbook ISU did give him the convincing victory he wanted to see.

No way Heacock defense gives up 23.

28-10

Dear Iowa State Football

I know it’s an annual tradition to run basic plays the opening week, using the first game of the year as a modified scrimmage. This has lead to many close games, much closer than any cyclone fan wants to endure.

Well, I’m at home recovering from heart surgery that I had on Monday. If you could find it in your heart to open the playbook and blow out the panthers, my heart would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What kind of question is that?

Offense had 250 yards of offense.

That’s not awesome. It is perfectly fine to want our offense to be a little be better than that, to put together more 3rd down conversions than we did, to go 3 and out less than we did, to score more than 1 time in the second half against an FCS team. That’s not at all “too much to ask”.

It’s a good win, and yeah it was pretty comfortable. Doesn’t at all mean the offense was great. Or even good at times. Because it wasn’t.

Yay, it's overreaction season! Fun.

Where did I say anything about the offense being great?

I see no reason to run up the score just because.

It's tough conditions with the heat. Any win is good and any 3 score win is better.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Nice to start with a W thanks to the defense and special teams. I think we played vanilla offense because of the large lead and opponent but offense is concerning outside of a few spots. Looks like a lot of players got in the game today which is awesome.
It’s hate week. **** Iowa.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Here are my favorite stats from today's thorough butt kicking of UNI
  • 0 Cyclone turnovers vs 2 UNI turnovers
  • Becht 10/13 for 113
  • 3.9 yds/play for UNI
  • 53.8 yds/punt on 8 attempts
Cyclones need to clean up some things in the running game, but if they can consistently get close to those numbers, they'll be in every game they play this season.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Nice to start with a W thanks to the defense and special teams. I think we played vanilla offense because of the large lead and opponent but offense is concerning outside of a few spots. Looks like a lot of players got in the game today which is awesome.
It’s hate week. **** Iowa.
Offense has been a concern for the last seven years, it is not going to change. At least nice to see improvement on special teams. With defense and an average special teams , we could get 4 plus wins this season.

Reactions: cyclones12321