Official Utah Utes Welcome Thread

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I just want to take a quick break from using the truck stop wifi to post 12anon fan fiction to wish the Utes a short and uncomfortable stay in the B12. Then I hope we kick you ungrateful jerks to the Mountain West where you belong so you can waste away with Stanford and Cal while you huff each other's farts.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Just a public service announcement:

The Moon family who owns it has donated tens of millions to the U of I athletics programs and are grads of the school out east. (Which probably means they would be irritated having anything Iowa State or Big 12 related being affiliated with their truck stop.)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just a public service announcement:

The Moon family who owns it has donated tens of millions to the U of I athletics programs and are grads of the school out east. (Which probably means they would be irritated having anything Iowa State or Big 12 related being affiliated with their truck stop.)

It's going to really confuse the Ute fans that the world's largest truck stop...while in Iowa...is actually a Big Ten thing near the Big Ten school.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wish the Truck stop was still open on 30 in Ames it was awesome.

Did it have all night breakfast? I would hit up the 24/7 diner truckstop in Sioux City late at night all the time in my young drinking days. It was cheaper than Perkins. If I knew it was around when I was in Ames I'd have probably tried it.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
Welcome to the Truck Stop Utes!!!

View attachment 115241

This is an actual place you can all visit in Iowa, although it's much closer to the vaunted local Big Ten school than the Big 12 Truck Stop which might really confuse you.
Ha ha … drove by there last week. I tried to engage my kids in conversation and pointed it out.

Their reaction was “meh” and back to their video games.

In the ‘80s I would have had my nose pressed to the glass watching it until it faded into the background.

The 80’s were the best. Just go outside and play all day and the only thing our parents cared about was us back by dinner.

Oops better stop myself before I further spiral into a stream of consciousness.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Did it have all night breakfast? I would hit up the 24/7 diner truckstop in Sioux City late at night all the time in my young drinking days. It was cheaper than Perkins. If I knew it was around when I was in Ames I'd have probably tried it.

Yes it did. Breakfast was big but so was their chili and cinnamon rolls. It was quite the mix of drunk college students and truckers taking a break. The sad thing is I don't know when it closed, but at least we still have the TipTop:D

Reactions: AlaCyclone

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
The I-80 has the largest collection of keychains available for sale that I’ve ever seen in my life. IMO, the coffee there sucks though.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron