NFL: ***Official Week Four Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Philly at Green Bay tonight. I like the Packers to finally break through on offense against the injury-riddled Eagles.

Best of the rest of Week Four:

Browns @ Ravens - Big AFC North matchup. If the Browns lose this one the Ravens have the inside track on the division.

Vikes @ Bears - Interesting game. Can either QB come through in the clutch if it comes down to the last few minutes?

Pats @ Bills - Should be a fun atmosphere in Buffalo with both teams sitting at 3-0. Fun until Belichick and Brady take the Bills' lunch for roughly the 150th time.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Cowboys @ Saints - Dallas finally plays a team with a pulse.

Chiefs @ Lions - MVPat's first dome game.

Panthers @ Texans - Does a Panthers W mean they move off Cam this offseason?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Cowboys @ Saints - Dallas finally plays a team with a pulse.

Chiefs @ Lions - MVPat's first dome game.

Panthers @ Texans - Does a Panthers W mean they move off Cam this offseason?

I think KC's gonna blow the doors off Detroit. Earlier this week the Chiefs were only a six point favorite, which seems insane to me.

That Saints/Cowboys game would be a lot more enticing if Brees was playing.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Agreed. While I am hoping for the best in regards to Teddy, Brees is just on a whole other level.

Sure. It was kind of interesting to see how the Saints ground out a tough win at Seattle last week by just force feeding Alvin Kamara, but for them to beat the Cowboys they'll need Teddy to be more than just a caretaker QB. I'm definitely pulling for him but I'm skeptical.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think KC's gonna blow the doors off Detroit. Earlier this week the Chiefs were only a six point favorite, which seems insane to me.

That Saints/Cowboys game would be a lot more enticing if Brees was playing.
Bridgewater just won at Seattle and Brees is very average on the road. NO at home is a different beast.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Bridgewater just won at Seattle and Brees is very average on the road. NO at home is a different beast.

The Saints asked him not to screw things up and he didn't. He played a mostly clean, turnover-free game (although I can remember at least two passes that probably should have been picked off). But they scored two of their TDs off a punt return and a fumble recovery. You can't count on that happening again. They'll need more from Bridgewater than 150 yards passing off a bunch of checkdowns to Kamara.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The Saints asked him not to screw things up and he didn't. He played a mostly clean, turnover-free game (although I can remember at least two passes that probably should have been picked off). But they scored two of their TDs off a punt return and a fumble recovery. You can't count on that happening again. They'll need more from Bridgewater than 150 yards passing off a bunch of checkdowns to Kamara.

I think I saw somewhere that TB is the highest paid backup in the league this year. I'd love to have him play his way into a starting spot for next season, but I just can't see that happening.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think I saw somewhere that TB is the highest paid backup in the league this year. I'd love to have him play his way into a starting spot for next season, but I just can't see that happening.

LOL, that's a moving target. Pretty sure right now Eli Manning and his 17 million dollar salary for 2019 hold the title of highest paid backup QB.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Philly gave that game to Detroit. Five turnovers and seven dropped passes, including what would have been the winning TD. Chiefs will win going away.

The Viking/Bear match-up will likely be a low-scoring slugfest. Both teams have good pass rush and so-so secondaries, Ha-Ha's big night notwithstanding. I think the Bears' offensive line is a bit better than Minny's, so the home team should prevail.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
LOL, that's a moving target. Pretty sure right now Eli Manning and his 17 million dollar salary for 2019 hold the title of highest paid backup QB.

And he may be overtaken by Cam.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Alex Smith is close at $15M, Cam Newton might be heading there too at $16.7M.

Ben Roethlisberger's yearly cash is $45M (!!!!!) in 2019. Didn't even play a full game.

Ben and Alex get exceptions for their injuries. Cam does too but he might be back in a couple weeks. Eli is easily the highest paid healthy backup.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lazard getting some more snaps.

I've yet to see Rodgers go to him but he's getting some nice blocks out there.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is a missed face mask something that can be challenged? And if not, should it be?