***Official What Bowl Are We Going To Thread***

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Chizik is available and coached there buuefore. He can recruit and he has run out of fishing buddies to hire.

Very big news. A Kent State win would likely move Iowa State to an at-large bowl (probably Music City, but we don't know for sure), regardless of what K-State and Oklahoma do

Wouldn't they have to move up 2 spots? I thought it was top 15.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
We suck playing teams in their backyards in bowl games (Boise, Rutgers). Just say no to Vandy in Nashville or any also ran Louisiana team in the Independence.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
We suck playing teams in their backyards in bowl games (Boise, Rutgers). Just say no to Vandy in Nashville or any also ran Louisiana team in the Independence.

ok, we'll play LA-Monroe in Alabama then. Can't contain my excitement.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
They would need to get into the top 16. The BCS is required to take a mid-major conference champion who is in the top 12 or that is in the top 16 and ranked higher than an autoqualifier. Since the Big East doesn't have a single team in the top 25 Kent State or NIU only need to reach 16.

Right, I was just wondering if a win over Kent St would be enough to push them into the top 16.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Isn't it ironic how after all of our fate and misfortunes on the field... that one of our best bets of a Bowl Game after a 6-6 season is a New year's day game! Something we've never done before. This game would be played in the Sugar Bowl wouldn't it? (Dallas)

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Isn't it ironic how after all of our fate and misfortunes on the field... that one of our best bets of a Bowl Game after a 6-6 season is a New year's day game! Something we've never done before. This game would be played in the Sugar Bowl wouldn't it? (Dallas)

Not to rain on your parade but that doesn't really mean much anymore. It is in the Cotton Bowl, which would be really cool.

CyRp2013

Nov 4, 2009
Work obligations prevent me from going to the Dallas Bowl so should I root for KState and Oklahoma to win and the Big 12 get 2 bids and hope Iowa State moves up to Car Care Bowl or hope for 1 to lose so the Big 12 only gets one bid and Iowa State gets an at-large bid before New Year's Day?

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Work obligations prevent me from going to the Dallas Bowl so should I root for KState and Oklahoma to win and the Big 12 get 2 bids and hope Iowa State moves up to Car Care Bowl or hope for 1 to lose so the Big 12 only gets one bid and Iowa State gets an at-large bid before New Year's Day?

You should root for them to go to either the Dallas or Houston bowl so I may attend. haha! Dallas bowl would be huge for us with how close and inexpensive it is and with how many alumni we have in Texas.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Here are my predictions...

If the Big 12 gets 2 BCS:
Fiesta: KSU
Sugar: OU
Cotton: UT
Alamo: OSU
BWW: WV
Holiday: TT
Meineke: TCU
Pinstripe: ISU
HOD: BU

If the Big 12 only gets 1 BCS:
Cotton: OU
Alamo: UT
BWW: OSU
Holiday: WV
Meineke: TT
Pinstripe: TCU
HOD: ISU
At-large: BU

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

For those predicting ISU to the Pinstripe, is this based upon them (Pinstripe) being forced to select the next available B12 team? I can't imagine they would want a team that was there last year. New York is great and as a Yankees fan I LOVED the Cyclones playing in Yankees Stadium but the Pinstripe committee has to recognize that the allure of their bowl is kind of a one time thing, right? If the ISU attendance wasn't great the first time around they couldn't possibly expect it to be better this time around.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Couple of things I don't agree with:

*In your 2 in the BCS scenario, I don't expect an Arizona bowl to pick a 7-5 team that's more than 2,000 miles away and finished the season 2-5 over two Texas schools that are both solid 7-5 options. I think they'd take Tech, Holiday would take TCU, Meineke takes Baylor, Pinstripe takes WVU, and it would be Iowa State in the Heart of Dallas.

*In your 1 in the BCS scenario, I'd say the same thing about a California bowl and a team that's nearly 2,500 miles away, although it doesn't affect us much. If we get one in the BCS, I'd be surprised if it doesn't boil down at the end to us and Baylor for the final spot in HoD Bowl. I also am doubtful that the Heart of Dallas Bowl would select us over a Baylor team that's just down the road.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Id find it kinda funny if WVU lost to KU this weekend. KU is due for a win, theyve been playing in a 'bad game', 'close game' pattern, with every close game getting progressively closer than the last, with the most recent one going to OT. That might shake things up in the order a bit as well, with WVU being another 6-6 team.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
For those predicting ISU to the Pinstripe, is this based upon them (Pinstripe) being forced to select the next available B12 team? I can't imagine they would want a team that was there last year. New York is great and as a Yankees fan I LOVED the Cyclones playing in Yankees Stadium but the Pinstripe committee has to recognize that the allure of their bowl is kind of a one time thing, right? If the ISU attendance wasn't great the first time around they couldn't possibly expect it to be better this time around.

Since the Pinstripe is 2nd to last in the pecking order yes. If it comes down to Baylor and ISU, I see no way the Pinstripe takes Baylor.