Officiating Sunday was one side

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Watched game again today. Should have been 5 reviews for hits to head. My guess was 2 flagrant 1's and 1 flagrant 2. Not calling 2 technical fouls on coach for being on court and 1 on Harmon for slamming the ball.

The thing I was told after the game was that the fourth official (they have an alternate for tourney games) was at a monitor and reviewed any potential flagrant fouls - if they deemed enough contact they would call the other officials over to look at the play. I do not agree with it, but the fourth official looked at the plays and said to play on. Kind of like the expedited review the NFL uses now.

Reactions: CyNews

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The thing I was told after the game was that the fourth official (they have an alternate for tourney games) was at a monitor and reviewed any potential flagrant fouls - if they deemed enough contact they would call the other officials over to look at the play. I do not agree with it, but the fourth official looked at the plays and said to play on. Kind of like the expedited review the NFL uses now.
I had to backup and slow motion to see them. No way to see it all live.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My favorite was Lexi getting socked in the face and stumbling over and then getting called for a foul.

You can read her lips on ESPN say “they called that on me!?”

Reactions: WartburgClone

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
By my count:
  1. Vic running out onto the court during a live play to yell at a ref
  2. Harmon spiking the ball 20 feet into the air right in front of a ref
  3. Izzi coming off the floor holding a towel to her mouth
  4. Lexi getting smacked on the head at least twice

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
By my count:
  1. Vic running out onto the court during a live play to yell at a ref
  2. Harmon spiking the ball 20 feet into the air right in front of a ref
  3. Izzi coming off the floor holding a towel to her mouth
  4. Lexi getting smacked on the head at least twice
Hardest hit Lexi took was from that big white Amazon they had. There was a made UT shot and Lexi was standing there for inbounds, instead of the UT player moving out of the way some, she just lowered her shoulder while tuning down court, and drilled Lexi in the side of the head.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
If vic didn't get a Technical when he ran on the court and got in the refs face during live action then a Technical should never be called against a coach.

Reactions: ruxCYtable