Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Buckle up folks.

Football could be Preseason Top 25
Womens Basketball Top 10
Wrestling Top 5-10
Mens Basketball Top 5

The 2024-25 Cyclone Athletic schedule will provide a lot of chances for one or many of our Cyclone programs to reach new heights. There's never been a better time to be a Cyclone, but there has probably never been a time where one or many of our programs need to strike while the iron is hot.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
It’s rare air indeed for our teams to be this highly thought of, but when we add in the new teams to the Big 12, the interest just ratchets to whole new level. Get the popcorn ready, just can’t wait for football season to begin another fall sports cycle.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So...with basketball...will these expectations help us "enjoy" the season or will it cause for frustration every time something goes wrong? This past off-season was the opposite in regards to MBB for me...never thought we could be in the top ten and we ended up there which made the season a blast! Had we been a top ten team in pre-season? The ride would have felt a lot different! It is all about where you finish...but it is fun to enjoy the ride along the way!

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Yes, but does PRISUM have any chance of winning the solar car competition this July?
Can't find any Vegas odds.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 8.30.18 AM.png

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I'm very concerned about a 2021 Football situation with the Men's basketball squad.
Replacing more or less the entire frontcourt who were all experienced seniors in at least year 2 under tj likely won't be as painless as people think. Also basketball tourneys are a little random so who knows, plenty of reason to be excited though. To take the next step I think one of our guards/milan needs to be a consistent bucket getter to break up offensive lulls.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Replacing more or less the entire frontcourt who were all experienced seniors in at least year 2 under tj likely won't be as painless as people think. Also basketball tourneys are a little random so who knows, plenty of reason to be excited though. To take the next step I think one of our guards/milan needs to be a consistent bucket getter to break up offensive lulls.
I think the transfers we are getting are a step up from the transfers we had been getting in the past for front court. More time under their belt or at a higher level.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I think the transfers we are getting are a step up from the transfers we had been getting in the past for front court. More time under their belt or at a higher level.
I tend to agree, but they're aren't as known commodities as Rob and Hasan were coming into this year. Also keep in mind both Rob and Hasan got a lot better this off-season on both ends of the floor, this is often understated.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
that team had a **** OL and iffy depth. this basketball team is deep, talented, and focused.

We were also way too committed to the multiple TE sets because both Chase and Charlie came back. I feel like we became very predictable offensively.

Reactions: FerShizzle

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We were also way too committed to the multiple TE sets because both Chase and Charlie came back. I feel like we became very predictable offensively.
The three most disappointing losses were games where we scored enough points to win (Baylor, WVU and TTU). The WVU game was one of the worst officiated games we've ever had, but we let up so many big plays. The TTU game was downright pathetic for our defense. It's probably the worst game of the Heacock era.

The Iowa game was maddening, but we should have expected that. The OU game was one I never expected to win. The rest of those had lengthy periods of just god awful defensive execution.

Reactions: OscarBerkshire