OK KU

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
The gift is wrapped, the conference title is yours again. Congrats. Now step up, take advantage of the great March Maddness seeding and represent the conference. Your national reputation for great seeds and early chokes can be muted a little this year. Your all time average high seeds and less than 2 wins per tournament reflects poorly on us all.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
Are you one of the ones that thought it was over after the tech game? KU still has to go to OU you know...

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Are you one of the ones that thought it was over after the tech game? KU still has to go to OU you know...
And say they do lose.. ISU has to win 3 in a row just to tie. This thing is Kansas' all the way. Oklahoma has a better chance. 2 home games and a road game at ISU, which Baylor just proved is a place you can win. OU can shoot and we don't defend the 3. Baylor part 2 unless we actually guard somebody.

PullnPray

Feb 26, 2013
The gift is wrapped, the conference title is yours again. Congrats. Now step up, take advantage of the great March Maddness seeding and represent the conference. Your national reputation for great seeds and early chokes can be muted a little this year. Your all time average high seeds and less than 2 wins per tournament reflects poorly on us all.

Nice made-up statistic there. The actual statistics are this: KU has appeared in the NCAA tournament 43 times and has 96 tournament wins. That is 2.23 wins per tournament. And keep in mind that this includes tournament appearances during the era when just making it to the tournament was a tremendous achievement because only 8 teams did. KU's win percentage in the tournament is 69.6% (6th best).

Last edited:

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Nice made-up statistic there. The actual statistics are this: KU has appeared in the NCAA tournament 43 times and has 96 tournament wins. That is 2.23 wins per tournament. And keep in mind that his includes tournament appearances during the era when just making it to the tournament was a tremendous achievement because only 8 teams did. KU's win percentage in the tournament is 69.6% (6th best).

Sorry Goober, but you better recheck your stats. KU has earned its national reputation for tournament choking, and your sensitivity confirms it. No one disputes K-boo plays well in the regular season, but earning 1 and 2 seeds and then winning 2 games is the definition of choking.
Step up buttercup, make us proud.

PullnPray

Feb 26, 2013
Sorry Goober, but you better recheck your stats. KU has earned its national reputation for tournament choking, and your sensitivity confirms it. No one disputes K-boo plays well in the regular season, but earning 1 and 2 seeds and then winning 2 games is the definition of choking.

"Reputation" is no substitute for actual facts. You want proof? Here you go:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6292

So did you get your bullsh*t statistics from an erroneous source or did you just make them up?

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
KU has made the Sweet 16 in 6 out of 8 years and has made the championship game twice in that time. They've made the Elite Eight 4 out of the last 8 years. I hate KU just as much as anyone, but their postseason reputation is just based on narratives from the media and a couple bad losses.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
"Reputation" is no substitute for actual facts. You want proof? Here you go:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6292

So did you get your bullsh*t statistics from an erroneous source or did you just make them up?

Awefully sensitive there Yank-n-Spank, don't you think?
After earning 1,2 and 3 seeds, then only winning an average of 2 games when facing 10/11/12 seeds is choking. Sorry, but that's how the country sees KU.
You've earned the national reputation, this could be your year to fix it.

PullnPray

Feb 26, 2013
Don't you have your own loss to discuss on your own board? Why are you here?

Well we didn't play tonight. I often peruse your message forums after your games (win or loss). You guys are the only other fan base in the conference that have a passion for basketball similar to KU. I'm not here to rub salt in the wounds, but it did seem appropriate to respond to a post that was specifically addressed to KU fans and contained factual inaccuracies.

Last edited:

OoberJay

Jan 29, 2012
It's been 10+ years since a non-KU Big 12 team made the final four. Until someone else in this conference steps up I don't think anyone else has room to talk trash about tournament performance. Put up or shut up.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Nice made-up statistic there. The actual statistics are this: KU has appeared in the NCAA tournament 43 times and has 96 tournament wins. That is 2.23 wins per tournament. And keep in mind that this includes tournament appearances during the era when just making it to the tournament was a tremendous achievement because only 8 teams did. KU's win percentage in the tournament is 69.6% (6th best).

I was going to give your post a thumbs up, but since you gave yourself a thumbs up, I won't and we'll call it even.

PullnPray

Feb 26, 2013
After earning 1,2 and 3 seeds, then only winning an average of 2 games when facing 10/11/12 seeds is choking. Sorry, but that's how the country sees KU.

All I did was correct your objectively untrue statements. If you said 2 + 2 equals 5, I would correct that too. So I guess I am sensitive to ignorance. And to the extent KU does have a reputation for playing poor in the tournament, it is a reputation that is born from ignorance.

PullnPray

Feb 26, 2013
I was going to give your post a thumbs up, but since you gave yourself a thumbs up, I won't and we'll call it even.

I didn't mean to do that and didn't realize you could. I saw that my post had received a thumbs up and was trying to see who gave it to me. Can I take it back somehow?

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Just out of curiosity, how high are you? I'm an ISU fan. I hate Kansas. But you make ISU fans sound like immature idiots when you say stuff like this. Kentucky wins fewer games per tournament than Kansas. Same with UCLA, UCONN, Georgetown, Michigan State, and many other big time programs. ISU isn't even close. In fact, your whole point seems to be that being a top 3 seed and winning two games or fewer is a failure. ISU did that last year and it was probably our second best team ever.