Ok ok I admit my shameful secret. I kinda like the Cybertruck

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Cybertruck buyers - early adopters, Tesla/Musk fans
Cybertruck haters - Tesla/Musk haters

Not many arguments in these groups are grounded in logic. It's a version 1 truck, there's gonna be problems. Odd that it brings some people joy.
Hell of a way to categorize having to recall all of the products on the road for not doing one of the 2 basic things a car is supposed to do properly

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
The Cybertruck has been in the news lately because all of them got recalled due to having issues with, uhh, stopping. This was the sign I needed to unburden myself. Yes, I kinda like the Cybertruck. You happy?

Let me be clear, I think the truck is ugly and stupid. Tesla corporate culture is horrifying. Work conditions are abusive. I hate everything. Setting that aside, I only mean my very slight affection from the perspective of how different the design is vs other things out there. I really appreciate that, because that's critical for our society to move forward.

It's like fashion shows. Also extremely stupid, but somewhat necessary to keep things progressing. Otherwise we're all wearing victorian dresses still.

SO!

I'm curious - are there any more examples of products or inventions that are so outlandish (whether it's stupid or innovative or way too advanced for our time) that one can't help but to admire the hubris in a tiny way?
It is completely awesome! I saw one on the road and wow!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1100011CS and NWICY

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The accelerator thing is just not confidence inspiring.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Yeah f Elon and Tesla, the Cybertruck sucks! All of the tens of 1000s of American jobs that go into it be damned!

It's bizarre that a car company is hated or loved based on the ideology of it's founder. People focus on Elon and forget about the regular people who work hard to design and build these things.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Jeep wranglers are some of the dumbest vehicles ever made, but I'm not triggered when I see one, although the doors removed and the drivers foot outside come close.
There are few things better than driving through the countryside with all doors and the top off. I’m not sure why you think a wrangler is one of the dumbest vehicles made. We own 2 and love the summer when we can “strip” them.

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
Yeah f Elon and Tesla, the Cybertruck sucks! All of the tens of 1000s of American jobs that go into it be damned!

It's bizarre that a car company is hated or loved based on the ideology of it's founder. People focus on Elon and forget about the regular people who work hard to design and build these things.

He isn't the founder of Tesla Motors.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
That space triangle is ugly as sin and I can't see ever buying one but I'm glad they built it. Innovation requires some failure and that's ok here. Personally I think the Rivian and Lightning are far better trucks if you're looking to go with a BEV especially now that they can access the Tesla charging network.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Actually I just figured out the other day where Elon got the idea for the Cybertruck it is just a Pontiac Aztec on steroids instead of a hatch it has a bed.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: BigCyFan and GTO

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I would never buy a cybertruck, but I'm not sad that Tesla makes one. I also think Jeep wranglers are some of the dumbest vehicles ever made, but I'm not triggered when I see one, although the doors removed and the drivers foot outside come close. The Hummer EV is similar, but no one is talking about those. In the early 90s, I remember seeing a Lamborghini SUV and I'm sure a lot of people thought it was stupid, but I noticed the owner nearly getting tackled by people wanting to check it out.
Wranglers have made a lot of money, so financially at least you can’t defend that comment.

Hummer EV didn’t have the bold predictions and, uhm, bold design to contend with. It’s also a dumb vehicle.

Do you think people are triggered in some way?