Ok st and TTech

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Wow those uniforms are ugly.

Actually disagree. I thought TT road Uni's were kinda cool. CPR is sure missing the boat with what recruits want and everyone is trying altenate UNI's. I like it. WTS, I thought the game was real sloppy and kinda ugly. TT looked real bad coming into the game, like borderline KU bad. It's hard to tell if TT has improved or if OSU is not as good as they were that 1st game. Okie st. sure is banged up in the secondary. Both QB's didn't impress even though they had over 300 yds passing. Both were like 50% with several picks. Both of those games are winnable for ISU.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I never did figure out what was supposed to be on the Tech helmets even when they zoomed in on a player after the play. I only figured it out when I saw that someone had posted an extreme closeup still in the other thread. Isn't the point of graphics on your helmet to identify your team. If they are the Texas Tech Scribbles, then they succeeded.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Schools are letting coaches/Nike make knee jerk changes to brands that were built over many years. School presidents ought to be required to take a marketing 101 in brand awareness to understand what is at risk.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I never did figure out what was supposed to be on the Tech helmets even when they zoomed in on a player after the play. I only figured it out when I saw that someone had posted an extreme closeup still in the other thread. Isn't the point of graphics on your helmet to identify your team. If they are the Texas Tech Scribbles, then they succeeded.

It was a cape-flowing, masked Raider. Tech's unies were no worse than OSU's. The game was hard to watch because of the play not the threads. ISU will beat Tech and give OSU a handful as well. Too bad it's in Stillwater. I can see the Clones winning both, actually.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It was a cape-flowing, masked Raider. Tech's unies were no worse than OSU's. The game was hard to watch because of the play not the threads. ISU will beat Tech and give OSU a handful as well. Too bad it's in Stillwater. I can see the Clones winning both, actually.

Truly an admirable goal to shoot for.

This reads like you really didn't read my post yet responded to it anyway.

SouthTulsaPoke

Nov 14, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Schools are letting coaches/Nike make knee jerk changes to brands that were built over many years. School presidents ought to be required to take a marketing 101 in brand awareness to understand what is at risk.
We currently have four 2015 recruits committed from the ESPN 300, three of whom are in the Top 100. These include the #2 pocket passing QB and the #6 RB. Last year we had Scout's #14 recruiting class. If you watched the game last night, three of our four TD passes were caught by first year players, who were a part of that class.

I am a marketing analyst by trade and training. We are risking NOTHING to our brand. In fact, for the past two years, we have been marketing ourselves as "America's Brightest Orange!"

[video=youtube;joa85Q7kEKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joa85Q7kEKI[/video]

Adapt or die, ISU.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Adapt or die? I don't see Alabama losing recruits because they don't wear flashy threads. Marketing departments don't take the field on Saturday.
Not saying ISU is anywhere close to Alabama, but if we win on the field, recruiting will take care of itself, old unis or new unis.

SouthTulsaPoke

Nov 14, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Adapt or die? I don't see Alabama losing recruits because they don't wear flashy threads. Marketing departments don't take the field on Saturday.
Not saying ISU is anywhere close to Alabama, but if we win on the field, recruiting will take care of itself, old unis or new unis.
OSU began wearing alternate uniforms in 2011. In that time, here are some football records:

Alabama....39-4
Ok. State...33-10
Baylor......33-10
TCU.........25-16
WVU........23-19

Iowa St....16-25

How are those 1990's Ketchup and Mustards working out for you? How's your 2015 recruiting class working out?

Oh...and the year after we began wearing alternate unis and won the Big 12 title in football, OSU broke a record in the size of it's Freshman class, so football success is paying off to the university as a whole.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover

agreed, we must protect our brand at all costs!!!!!!!! Cant lose all of our illustrious history at the whim of giving kids what they want!

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
OSU began wearing alternate uniforms in 2011. In that time, here are some football records:

Alabama....39-4
Ok. State...33-10
Baylor......33-10
TCU.........25-16
WVU........23-19

Iowa St....16-25

How are those 1990's Ketchup and Mustards working out for you? How's your 2015 recruiting class working out?

Oh...and the year after we began wearing alternate unis and won the Big 12 title in football, OSU broke a record in the size of it's Freshman class, so football success is paying off to the university as a whole.

you will never win this argument here. some people just cant wrap their head around it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

Alabama....39-4
Ok. State...33-10
Baylor......33-10
TCU.........25-16
WVU........23-19

Iowa St....16-25

With your recent posts one must question the quality of education at OK St.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Alabama....39-4
Ok. State...33-10
Baylor......33-10
TCU.........25-16
WVU........23-19

Iowa St....16-25

Haha you have proved nothing, but keep on ranting.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

Alabama....39-4
Ok. State...33-10
Baylor......33-10
TCU.........25-16
WVU........23-19

Iowa St....16-25

And it comes out. Nice hostility. I didn't say a single bad thing about OSU, and you have to put us down. "Ketchup and mustard?" What a stupid insult.

I think I see a lot more correlation between the funding of your football program from your primary benefactor and it's impact on your W/L than I do on uniforms. Your Taj Mahal facilities are what jump started your rise. But keep thinking is the ugly-as-**** uniforms.

Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron