Okie State Fraternity: Dead* steer found on yard

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I think that's an attempt to move it after it was found in the front lawn. Reading the tweet it looks like one fraternity pulling a "prank" on another. The steer had "F*CK FH" branded on the side of it. I guess FH is farmhouse.

Wonder how long it was laying there. Guessing overnight.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
This is just straight up cruelty. Not a prank, not a joke, etc.
If I got to make the rules, whoever was responsible for it would spend a lot of time in prison. And anyone who knows and doesn't cooperate with the investigation, whether asked, or just volunteers the information gets punished as well. I have no idea what Oklahoma's laws regarding animal cruelty are, but they are not strong enough.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
The only way this isn't completely ****** up is if the cow had already died of some kind of natural cause at a nearby farm and they were aware of it somehow.
Still a little bizarre to drag a dead animal on to your front lawn only to brand it

• Agree
Reactions: Al_4_State

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I hope each one of the idiots gets the same treatment at some point in their life.

Side note probably cheering for Texas now.

First I agree with the first statement.

Second, this appears to be aimed at Farm House fraternity (based on the brand on the side). It may have nothing to do with Texas at all. Hopefully college sports doesn't lead to this kind of thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Even still it's ******. And then to carve into the carcass? High-level mental illness involved.
Just saying that if it had died prior to this (lets hope that is the case) it being slit open there could be from having it posted for further information of the cause of death from a vet or someone. We have had this done a few times

Reactions: khardbored

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Still a little bizarre to drag a dead animal on to your front lawn only to brand it
More than a little.

I'm guessing someone else deposited it on that lawn giving the brand was derogatory to the owner of that lawn.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Not liking the treatment of this animal doesn't make someone a hypocrite or naive to the way beef gets processed. Anyone else wanting to make those comments can save it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No way there isn't a nearby door cam, gas station cam, etc that doesn't have an image of the truck and trailer, right?
Also, maybe farmers know, can you easily not know that a steer is missing from a lot? Aren't they all tagged?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
No way there isn't a nearby door cam, gas station cam, etc that doesn't have an image of the truck and trailer, right?
Also, maybe farmers know, can you easily not know that a steer is missing from a lot? Aren't they all tagged?
Depends on the size of the lot. If it were a big herd, it could easily slip through the cracks, or at a minimum take awhile to figure out.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Don’t mean to offend anyone who was/is a member but these farm frats gave me a weird vibe when I was at ISU. Never got to know anyone in them so that’s just my ignorant outside-looking-in view. Maybe this is a feud between some of them at OSU. Just bizarre

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

Help Support Us

Become a patron