Oklahoma Dual

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Harrington needs to sit on the bench for the rest of the year, I don't care if we have to forfiet or start a walkon. That guys is a sorry excuse for a wrestler. He wrestles for 2 minutes and gives up on anything that doesn't go his way. I normally don't blast an athlete but he doesn't deserve to put on a singlet.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Apparently, the team didn't get the message that folks are tired of the effort. In fact, they seemed to double down. Two (2) tech falls in a dual, plus a self induced pin? Carson Powell got a standing ovation for a reason. He was the only kid to wrestle hard, and smart tonight. Larson tried, but fell short, in a decent effort, IMO.

What I really liked was Breitenbach. Has to take a swipe at a guy on the start, after a shady exchange as they went out to end the period. I get that he's upset, but take it out on the guy within the rules. That point ended up costing us a team point, as it was the difference between a major and a decision. Yes, I know the thing was out of reach, but it's these little things that keep adding up to a pile of you-know-what.

Will they win a match against OKy St?

I'm very worried we won't. That will be a low for me.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Think I watched KJ as much as the "action" on the mat tonight. Took a selfie to see which one of us looked more depressed and I looked like a kid at Disneyland compared to him. I'm not happy about where we're at and have made it clear I want a change but doesn't feel good to see him look like that.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Who got beat the worst?

Wrestling or gymnastics?

Ironic that one KJ is on his way out and another KJ (Kindler) has already left and is winning national championships.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Who got beat the worst?

Wrestling or gymnastics?

Ironic that one KJ is on his way out and another KJ (Kindler) has already left and is winning national championships.

Guessing the Beauties did better considering Oklahoma is #1 and we had our best scoring of the season. No rest for them, they fly to Texas tomorrow and have a meet Sunday.

The gymnastic KJ is a great what-if for us. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
Is the Jennings kid still on the team? I saw him wrestle in high school and he was pretty good. He was a go getter and wrestled tuff. He came from a pretty good program in Osage too.

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
Wait if you're here who's sucking your boys ****?

Funny how you worried about my boy Dudley when he shows up every time for himself and his teammates.

Meanwhile you defend this nonsense ducking. This new hangnail injury will surely keep him out just in time for Boyd.

To make it worse he's all over social media laughing about how all these are practice matches. I'm sure his teamates appreciate that atttude no less his coach who is probably gonna lose his job due to these bad practice matches

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Don't worry, guys. It's just "practice". https://twitter.com/ThePatDowney

According to Kroschel on the broadcast Downey was ready to wrestle but the coaches held him out for Sunday.

He's not wrong though. As it currently stands the regular season is just a bunch of exhibitions and the only part that matters is that some of those matches help determine seeding for the postseason. Do you think Moreno wouldn't trade the regular season he had as a senior for one more win at NCAAs? Or that Sorenson a few years ago wouldn't have traded the season that got him the #3 seed to not get that bad ankle injury the first day at NCAAs? Or do you think a Lelund would trade the run he made last year for a better regular season?

Hell, stick with Downey. Do you think in a couple years anybody is gonna remember he was a mid-season enrollee who only wrestled like 4 matches before Big XIIs? No, they're just gonna remember he was an All American.

Ohio State lost the dual to Iowa last night because Snyder is in Russia competing at a freestyle event. Do you think Tom Ryan would have been okay with that if the regular season mattered? All he cares about, and all Snyder cares about, is Big Tens and NCAAs.

This post isn't a defense of our dual record. It's just a reply to that post.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
College basketball isn't as bad but suffers some of the same problem.

Which would you rather have, a great regular season, a #2 or #3 seed, and a loss to UAB in your first game, or a mediocre regular season, a #9 seed, and a run to the elite 8?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Who got beat the worst?

Wrestling or gymnastics?

Imagine that. A good coach that Pollard wasn't willing to support so they left and are winning national championships elsewhere. At least that didn't happen in wres... wait, ****. It did.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Imagine that. A good coach that Pollard wasn't willing to support so they left and are winning national championships elsewhere. At least that didn't happen in wres... wait, ****. It did.

kindler.jpg

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
According to Kroschel on the broadcast Downey was ready to wrestle but the coaches held him out for Sunday.

He's not wrong though. As it currently stands the regular season is just a bunch of exhibitions and the only part that matters is that some of those matches help determine seeding for the postseason. Do you think Moreno wouldn't trade the regular season he had as a senior for one more win at NCAAs? Or that Sorenson a few years ago wouldn't have traded the season that got him the #3 seed to not get that bad ankle injury the first day at NCAAs? Or do you think a Lelund would trade the run he made last year for a better regular season?

Hell, stick with Downey. Do you think in a couple years anybody is gonna remember he was a mid-season enrollee who only wrestled like 4 matches before Big XIIs? No, they're just gonna remember he was an All American.

Ohio State lost the dual to Iowa last night because Snyder is in Russia competing at a freestyle event. Do you think Tom Ryan would have been okay with that if the regular season mattered? All he cares about, and all Snyder cares about, is Big Tens and NCAAs.

This post isn't a defense of our dual record. It's just a reply to that post.

He's not wrong, but it's a concern that he wont be in wrestling shape by the time Nationals get here. Snyder's not a great comparison because at least he is wrestling...you know working on his trade.

I also wonder how the rest of the team feels about Downey's treatment. I'm sure they are all a little banged up too. And for the record, I don't believe this is Pat's decision.