Oklahoma vs Florida twitter

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I always wonder with people like this....what happened to make him like this? And if they know there are people that can help them?....I feel bad for him, it's sad. constantly negative, clearly struggles holding down a job, some sort of anger issue, low self esteem. Something happened to him somewhere along the line.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Really? If anything I'm more interested since I can't do a lot of things I used to do.

TV ratings have plummeted for nearly every sporting event in 2020, which I agree is the opposite of what I would have guessed. Turns out having fans in the stands actually does have a major impact on the entertainment factor.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Yep. Just said the following after the game:

"The last game the 2020 team played was 11 days ago," Mullen said.

He also added the Gators "didn't have to play" and that he thought the "scout team guys played well."

What a piece of **** and a sore loser.

LSU game was a do-over too.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
TV ratings have plummeted for nearly every sporting event in 2020, which I agree is the opposite of what I would have guessed. Turns out having fans in the stands actually does have a major impact on the entertainment factor.

A lot of that can be attributed to everyone competing for eyeballs at the same time. Sports seasons are usually staggered.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
One big problem that could be fixed tomorrow is that you have a "committee" choosing who gets in.

A transparent formula with no human bias would go a long way in providing fairness.

Would Alabama get in by playing creampuffs in the non-con? Maybe.

Would tOSU get in with a 6-0 record? If you could show me data that proved they deserved it then I might bite.

Is a 2 point loss on the road to a top 10 team better than a 40 point blowout against an FCS team at home? Show us the numbers.

I always thought the CFP committee was the "committee that chose.

Transparency usually take a back seat to bribes, pay offs and "tradition" resulting in bias. Because when you start the season with the premise that Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson are the best of the best(rankings)......then the rest of college football is playing catch up from jump. And like I have said.....then these "metrics" come in to play and they can be twisted to justify anything so to make sure getting those teams their spots if they slip.

Alabama is always going to be first choice in September regardless. When have they not started in the top 4? They have to play their way out and then......there is usually two or three more SEC teams in the top 10-15 to rise up and take their place so at least one spot is always guaranteed for the SEC.

Well they did this year. And "data" being massaged in their favor is exactly why they did. You can bend and twist data all you want........they still just played 6 games. You stick to the written rule(absolutes).......they aren't sniffing the CFP this year.

We beat UNI by 40 at home and lose to OU by 2 on the road we are 1-1. Our chances of making the playoffs are all but over. Alabama beats Furman by 40 at home and losses to Auburn by 2 on the road......they're still in the hunt because somehow either Auburn is ranked right behind them or the rivalry is just so tough. Those would be considered the "numbers".

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If you are kicking someones ass like OU was then they can show boat all they want.
Agree, I don't like it personally but they earned it. What drives me crazy is players talking trash when they make a tackle after a 20 yard gain - get a sack or TFL ok but after a big gain just move on to the next play.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

The numbers for the Big 12 Championship game were....not great.

Reactions: agentbear

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What's funny about the missing players excuse is, OU is undefeated with a fully eligible team. If the RB and Perkins play all year, maybe they are in the playoff. Perkins playing/not playing made our 2 games with them different. They were a team with higher playoff aspirations than Florida preseason, they still found a way to care about the Cotton bowl, new year, same excuses from the SEC.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
There are opt outs in every league but it seems like the SEC sees the most and it’s not even close. I feel for the most part most teams want to compete and win (as you said Wisconsin celebrating yesterday shows that). But not the SEC. It is playoffs or bust for them and it is ruining college football. Our pals at ESPN can be thanked for this as well for treating anything less than the Playoffs like it’s the NIT of college football.
College sports need another one or two legitimate networks to provide a counterbalance to the ESPN narrative. I always hated ESPN getting control of most of the bowl games - I loved having multiple games going on at the same time so you could chose a more contested game rather than last night having only OU kick the crap out of the Gators.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
did you not watch the SEC title game? Florida was ranked because of their offense, not the defense. If you take away the things that made them elite, they then are no longer elite. How is this hard to understand?

OU could have beat them fully equipped, we'll never know and it doesn't matter. OU won that game and that's all that matters.

I will say that if this many players opting out of NY6 bowls becomes a trend, bowl games will have all the relevance of the NIT which probably isn't great for ISU or Iowa.
There is a difference between getting beat soundly because you are missing people and getting curb stomped. If you put a full strength OU and Florida against each other next week I think OU wins by close to 20.

OU could have put up a lot more and Florida really only scored 13. It wasn’t as close as the score suggests and they still won by 30.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
This is what everybody said would happen to bowl games when a playoff format was introduced. Why are people surprised by this?

In my opinion it's way more COVID and we less about the system.

I'm all for a 6 or 8 team playoff, but absent of that the NY6 bowls will be a big draw in normal years. This isn't one of those years.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We will disagree on that. I like letting the opponent know when I'm curb stomping someone.

You know what I think is bad though, late in the game Florida is down 42 and the FL QB has a long run for a first down and the QB does the first down signal. Sit your ass down boy, you are down by 42 no one cares about a first down.
I'm old school like @Blandboy but I even pointed this out to Mrs. Velo early in the second half. I'm not a big fan of rubbing your opponent's face in it, but when a defensive player finally breaks up a pass after getting burned again and again and he has to do a celebratory dance after wagging his finger at the entire stadium in my opinion you get what is coming to you when the other team does the same thing to you - again and again and again... If you are getting beat by more than two scores, maybe quell that celebration just a little bit and channel that energy into getting your ass back into the game.

When one team is just taking care of business and the other team is all trash talk I don't like it. When you have a Florida team and OU who both do this all the time who effing cares?

Reactions: BCClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
OU put up 55 and Rattler and many of the starters only played 2.5 quarters.

I believe the defense had one opt out. Name me a bowl team that doesn’t have a couple starters out due to injury or opt out.

UF is an absolutely trash defense, and OU could about name their score.

Reactions: dirtyninety

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
What's funny about the missing players excuse is, OU is undefeated with a fully eligible team. If the RB and Perkins play all year, maybe they are in the playoff. Perkins playing/not playing made our 2 games with them different. They were a team with higher playoff aspirations than Florida preseason, they still found a way to care about the Cotton bowl, new year, same excuses from the SEC.
OU has a great coach. UF has an inbred turd.