Old Dairy Industry Courtyard?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
With new buildings over the years, I don't believe there is external access to the old Dairy Industry building (now called food science?) courtyard. Is it still there? If so, how do you access it? I wanted to show my daughter some of the Christian Petersen sculptures.

1700607547022.png

Reactions: NWICY and StClone

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
With new buildings over the years, I don't believe there is external access to the old Dairy Industry building (now called food science?) courtyard. Is it still there? If so, how do you access it? I wanted to show my daughter some of the Christian Petersen sculptures.

View attachment 119671
I’m pretty sure it’s still there. It’s just surrounded by the building similar to Agronomy and their courtyard.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013

View attachment 119671
Still there and still accessible. You can only enter from inside the building.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Part of it's charm back in the day was that it was accessible over the dock in the back at all hours!

Yup. Your post made me look and see that was no longer the case. I haven't walked around campus in decades. I am so old that there were still elm trees there when I was a freshman. Courtyard looked naked when they cut them down.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Yup. Your post made me look and see that was no longer the case. I haven't walked around campus in decades. I am so old that there were still elm trees there when I was a freshman. Courtyard looked naked when they cut them down.
…no, I never got naked there…:):jimlad:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana

View attachment 119671
Last time I was there we got an ice cream and ate it in the courtyard.

Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron