Omaha Biliew Commits to Iowa State!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You seem very rational . For the record here are some of the stats:

Pryce Sandfort for Iowa’s Mr. Basketball for 2023. Leads in the following 4A Statistic Categories: Total Pts: 648 (1st) Boards: 285 (1st) FG Made: 223 (1st) FG Attempts: 418 (1st) 3 Pt Made: 90 (1st) 3 Pt Attempts: 211 (1st) Def Rebounds: 249 (1st)

Lined up against Omaha, he beats him in every every stat including total rebounds and shooting percentages. My ONLY argument was that Pryce did in fact deserve Mr. BB (since one of the children on here said he only won because of retired old IA sports writers voting). I acknowledged Omaha has by far the greater college/pro potential but that’s not what wins Mr. BB.

And as to why I’m here: my two boys graduated from ISU and I TRY to root for both teams.
WTH are you still doing here? JFC get out

Hawktj

Dec 30, 2015
Thank you for your insight lol. This take is going to go right up there with Mike Gessell being better than Monte Morris.
We’ll, the better stats, winning Mr. BB, and winning 2 of 3 head to head would seem to indicate to a rational person that Pryce was the better high school player. Would I rather have Omaha over Pryce as a college recruit? Absolutely as he clearly has more potential. But, you may get him for only one year vs four for Pryce. That’s one we’ll just have to look back on in 4 years.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We’ll, the better stats, winning Mr. BB, and winning 2 of 3 head to head would seem to indicate to a rational person that Pryce was the better high school player. Would I rather have Omaha over Pryce as a college recruit? Absolutely as he clearly has more potential. But, you may get him for only one year vs four for Pryce. That’s one we’ll just have to look back on in 4 years.
Were Pryce and Omaha playing one v one? What type of argument is that? So by your logic, bohannon is better than Tyrese Haliburton in college right? You’d rather have had Jordan on your team than Tyrese?

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
You seem very rational . For the record here are some of the stats:

Pryce Sandfort for Iowa’s Mr. Basketball for 2023. Leads in the following 4A Statistic Categories: Total Pts: 648 (1st) Boards: 285 (1st) FG Made: 223 (1st) FG Attempts: 418 (1st) 3 Pt Made: 90 (1st) 3 Pt Attempts: 211 (1st) Def Rebounds: 249 (1st)

Lined up against Omaha, he beats him in every every stat including total rebounds and shooting percentages. My ONLY argument was that Pryce did in fact deserve Mr. BB (since one of the children on here said he only won because of retired old IA sports writers voting). I acknowledged Omaha has by far the greater college/pro potential but that’s not what wins Mr. BB.

And as to why I’m here: my two boys graduated from ISU and I TRY to root for both teams.
You list FG attempts and 3pt attempts as a relevant/significant stat?

Lol and WTF. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
rhoho/lunardi is on record here saying Iowa would be a 6 seed and ISU would be closer to a 10 seed than a 7 seed. Both of those Nostradamus-like picks were within last couple weeks.

His Omaha prediction is out of jealousy and is as useful as asking a pile of dog **** what the weather will be a week from Sunday.
Well, if it went to Meteorological school...

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
If the head to head matchup matters, then Omaha should have won it over Sandfort because in the 3 games, Omaha averaged 23 points and Sandfort averaged 15 points. Omaha’s game wasn’t impacted negatively when Sandfort guarded, on the flip side, Sandfort played much worse against Omaha. Omaha scored 27, 21 and 21 against Sandfort. Sandfort scored 10, 10 and then 26, all which came in garbage minutes or when Omaha was on the bench.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I’ve heard that Kelderman has a preferred walk on offer from TJ
That’s great. I would put Kelderman on the floor in the tournament for spot minutes if we had him now. I hate to say it but before Eli King, just because he has a better handle. With Grill gone we probably have the thinnest backcourt in the tournament. Almost certainly.

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Alright let me drop some actual statistics that matter lol..

1st game of the two teams
W - Pryce : 10 pts, 7 rbs, 3 ast, 2 blk on 2/6 FG, 2/5 3PT
L - Omaha : 27 pts, 4 rbs, 1 ast, 2 blk on 9/13 FG, 3/5 3PT

2nd game of the two teams
L - Pryce : 26 pts, 6 rbs, 1 ast, 4 blk on 10/23 FG, 3/11 3PT
W - Omaha : 21 pts, 10 rbs, 6 ast, 2 blk on 8/17 FG, 2/5 3PT

3rd game of the two teams
W - Pryce : 10 pts, 8 rbs, 0 ast, 1 blk on 3/11 FG, 2/6 3PT
L - Omaha : 21 pts, 4 rbs, 1 ast, 1 blk on 9/17 FG, 2/7 3PT

Okay so you all can do the math here.. When they played one another, Sandfort was honestly not very good. That’s your head to head matchup, especially since Omaha guarded Sandfort a lot (and Pryce couldn’t guard Omaha btw).

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
We've heard a lot of funny basketball recruiting arguments over the years from Iowa fans. Not wanting to land 5* prospects is one of the weirder ones.
Well, dudes who can’t land better than a 5 tend to find lots of things wrong with the hot chicks. I’ll take the hot chick once in awhile even if it’s short term. She raises your street cred at the important parties.

Now with that misogynistic metaphor I apologize to Cowgirl, IMKCClone and the other ladies who frequent this sausage fest.

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
I'd take Pryce because who knows what he could mold into at a different school but at Iowa, he's going to end up shuffling around the 3 pt line throwing up as many threes as possible while not playing a lick of defense.
Oh you mean like his brother!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oh you mean like his brother!
Pryce is a better prospect than his brother though. I’m saying he could be molded into a different style of player if he went to another school.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pryce is a better prospect than his brother though. I’m saying he could be molded into a different style of player if he went to another school.

But what's more amazing than going 'us against the world' .500 conference records over a decade into a coach's tenure?

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Dear Lord this is a really ******* dumb take.
He either didn’t look up their head to head stats or he knowingly didn’t bring them up because he knew it’d make his argument crumble.

Reactions: Acer88