On to 2023

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
The first part of this season, had me thinking that It might be time for Christy to move on. Recruiting seemed to be down, and they had some very unimpressive losses. I misread the situation as it turns out CJL was just finding the right combinations. She went to the 6-2, which as an AA setter, you know is not her preference. The came alive, and knocked off Texas, Baylor, and KU at home. They could never solve lowly KSU though, and we were reverse swept at KU.

The seniors who are out of eligibility include Holthaus, Newsome, Thomas , and Mitchell. I got the feeling looking at her in the game late, that Matz is moving on. Don’t know about Hatch and Shannon, but would think they would be welcomed back for a grad year.

The 6-2 worked this year to allow Morgan Brandt to get experience. I think we’re set at setter for the next three years. Stonestreet appears to put Libero back to being more what is expected at Libero U., though she does need to improve her passing.

The middle is in good shape with Englbrecht and Perry back, plus an MB recruit in McCune. Duckworth is an amazing athlete given her height. I really hope Hatch gives it another go as a grad. Even if she does, we’re going to need some more hitters to step up with just one recruit in Gonzalez. We really relied on seniors in that spot. Perhaps we can find another Thomas two in the portal.

Bottom line, we have some good pieces in the foundation, but CJL and her coaches are going to have to bring along a few hitters both outside and right side to get back to next year’s tournament. With NIL, however, the strong volleyball schools are only going to get stronger.

Reactions: TrulyCyclone

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
The first part of this season, had me thinking that It might be time for Christy to move on. Recruiting seemed to be down, and they had some very unimpressive losses. I misread the situation as it turns out CJL was just finding the right combinations. She went to the 6-2, which as an AA setter, you know is not her preference. The came alive, and knocked off Texas, Baylor, and KU at home. They could never solve lowly KSU though, and we were reverse swept at KU.

The seniors who are out of eligibility include Holthaus, Newsome, Thomas , and Mitchell. I got the feeling looking at her in the game late, that Matz is moving on. Don’t know about Hatch and Shannon, but would think they would be welcomed back for a grad year.

The 6-2 worked this year to allow Morgan Brandt to get experience. I think we’re set at setter for the next three years. Stonestreet appears to put Libero back to being more what is expected at Libero U., though she does need to improve her passing.

The middle is in good shape with Englbrecht and Perry back, plus an MB recruit in McCune. Duckworth is an amazing athlete given her height. I really hope Hatch gives it another go as a grad. Even if she does, we’re going to need some more hitters to step up with just one recruit in Gonzalez. We really relied on seniors in that spot. Perhaps we can find another Thomas two in the portal.

Bottom line, we have some good pieces in the foundation, but CJL and her coaches are going to have to bring along a few hitters both outside and right side to get back to next year’s tournament. With NIL, however, the strong volleyball schools are only going to get stronger.
I think Hatch will be back. Why? Her instagram post from today said "thankful for all the learning and growth that came from this year. See you next year Cyclone Nation"

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I think Hatch will be back. Why? Her instagram post from today said "thankful for all the learning and growth that came from this year. See you next year Cyclone Nation"
That is good to see and if CJL is targeting a grad transfer OH, look 35 miles to the south at Haley Bush.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Anni Evans is grad transferring from NU with 2 years left due to her preferred grad degree program not being available. She was one of NU's two setters in their 6-2 lineup and ISU was also a 6-2 team this past season with Jaden Newsome now out of eligibility. Have no idea on her preferred grad degree program.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Any rumors or scuttlebutt on Jen Malcom’s replacement?
Not involved in the club scene anymore where we would hear rumours and potentially see a new ISU coach you don't recognize walking around at the big tournaments in our gear.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
She was a helluva player at Marquette. Her father is Aaron Jones was a NFL first round draft pick and played nine years in the NFL for the Steelers, Patriots and Dolphins.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Early enrollee, Nayeli Gonzalez. is in the 4th pic. Any idea who is in the first pic (I don't think it is Alexis E)? An undisclosed newcomer/transfer?: