One reason to make a move ths year rather than waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Hasn't been discussed much, but making a move this year leaves ISU with a fairly wide open list of candidates. Waiting another year will likely result in ISU having competition with Iowa, Nebraska just to name two. Make a move this year and ISU will likely be the only Big 12 or Big 10 team in the market for a coach.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Hasn't been discussed much, but making a move this year leaves ISU with a fairly wide open list of candidates. Waiting another year will likely result in ISU having competition with Iowa, Nebraska just to name two. Make a move this year and ISU will likely be the only Big 12 or Big 10 team in the market for a coach.

Agree with your point, but I'm pretty sure Penn State will can Ed DeChellis, and some of the same names - McCaffrey, Rose, Davis, Gregory - are being talked about there as are here.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
What is your short list of coaches for this year then?

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
No move is going to be made this year.

Is this you?

iraqiministerbersih.jpg

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I'm not impressed by any of the potential candidates. Which is why I'm willing to give Mac another year but thats it. Its win or you're gone for me next year.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
The first move that needs to be made is replacing Pollard. I don't trust him to make yet another coaching hire.
Yep, he sure screwed up with Rhoads and Jackson. I'm sure he wouldn't have hired Chizdick and GMAC if he knew what the results were going to be, but they were one of the best prospects out there at the time. The only thing I question is the contract McDermott has.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Worst mentality on the site.

About 6,000 vacant seats per game say otherwise. Oh wait, you said this "site". Well, I am looking forward to the ISU athletic department refusing my "donations" to the sport of my choice based on what you stated.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The first move that needs to be made is replacing Pollard. I don't trust him to make yet another coaching hire.

Obviously this is because he has done seemingly terrible with his last two? I can say he has made one bad hire. That is Mac. Chizik was one of the hottest names out there and Cael was also a no brainer.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
About 6,000 vacant seats per game say otherwise. Oh wait, you said this "site". Well, I am looking forward to the ISU athletic department refusing my "donations" to the sport of my choice based on what you stated.

I'm sorry, supporting the team by not financially supporting the team is a childish way to make a statement to the athletic department. No one can change my mind on that.

Choosing not to attend, for various other reasons and allocating money to other sports is certainly understandable. But the amount of fans I've read on here that say they will make a statement by not financially supporting the team is kind of sad. I know some people have legitimate reasons of not doing it, but some are just doing it out of spite.

And Yes, that is the worst mentality I have ever read on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.