"onto the next one"

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

sticks

Dec 16, 2014
Do you guys hate hearing that as much as I do? It's really getting old. I get that these guys want to forget about it and move on but stop forgetting about these. These obviously aren't bad losses because winning on the road in the big 12 is extremely tough. But come tournament time it's not going to be "onto the next one" either you win or go home. Need start stringing together an entire 40 min game asap!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What the he'll should they say. Obviously they don't want to lose.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It's a bad loss when you in every respect got your butts handed to you. Trailed by up to 20, and by some act of God it only ended up being 11. No shame in losing at home, but losing like that? Not OK

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
WTF do people want them to say?
Don't say positive things about the team or your teammates, don't move on to the next one, don't talk about getting better at forced interviews after practice.

We have "fans" out for blood and essentially hate a team that is 17-6 and 7-4. Good grief.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
WTF do people want them to say?
Don't say positive things about the team or your teammates, don't move on to the next one, don't talk about getting better at forced interviews after practice.

We have "fans" out for blood and essentially hate a team that is 17-6 and 7-4. Good grief.

this a million times over. We are acting suspiously like iowa fans. Losing sucks.

But out as my mom told me when I was a little child. If you can't be mature and not pout like a baby when things are going bad, then you can't go to the games. People on here should listen to that.

You can be disappointed and critical but need to act like a freaking adult too.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
It's not like they came out and played bad in the first half like they had been. They were flustered in the 2nd half when things weren't going their way. Happened last year too. I was sick of hearing them say they were overconfident heading into games and I think that trend should be over.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
The bottom line? We're good, but not a deep tournament threat....I would say not a deep tournament threat "now" but we're well into the season and lessons aren't being learned. I honestly believe we have peaked, at a very respectableb level mind you, but expectations need to be adjusted by this fan base.

sticks

Dec 16, 2014
Wowww you guys take one line and go with! I SAID IT'S TOUGH TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE BIG 12. So these by far are not bad losses. I'm ok with it. I want them to stop letting these road games get out of hand. Remember what it feels like to lose like this. Cya all in Kc!

"Onto the next one"

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Wowww you guys take one line and go with! I SAID IT'S TOUGH TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE BIG 12. So these by far are not bad losses. I'm ok with it. I want them to stop letting these road games get out of hand. Remember what it feels like to lose like this. Cya all in Kc!

"Onto the next one"

Sorry, but 28 point swings in games are "bad losses", we got blown out. We're past the "learn from it" phase of the season.

sticks

Dec 16, 2014
I've read far worse things and melt downs on here. I'm the one telling everyone it's going to be ok. A road loss in the big 12 is not that bad. Just don't like hearing "forget about it and move on"

More like were not going to forget about this one. Were not going to let this happen again.

Take a breather, it'll all be ok!

DesignerClone

Dec 13, 2014
The bottom line? We're good, but not a deep tournament threat....I would say not a deep tournament threat "now" but we're well into the season and lessons aren't being learned. I honestly believe we have peaked, at a very respectableb level mind you, but expectations need to be adjusted by this fan base.

Wish I didn't agree but I do. CFH is building steam with the program and unfortunately too many of us took that hype beyond reality. The fan base should have "adjusted" after the TT performance and others that tipped our hand so to speak. When a team has weaknesses, you can rest assured that opposing coaches (who are paid to know how to do such things) will game plan to expose them. Foremost, taking the Cyclones out of transition is proving to be the great equalizer.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
With the exception of Tech we finished the hardest part of our road schedule based on conference standings.

Texas, KSU, TCU, OSU left on the road. WVU, OU, Baylor at home. We will stick with the Hoiberg pattern of winning 3 road games per year,(since going to round robin format) and finish 12-6.. The one difference this year ISU actually beat Kansas for a change to give us 12 conference wins in the toughest conference in America.

The critical components, hit free throws, and cut back the turnovers.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm pretty sure that they say much the same thing after wins as well. How many times does a hangover after a bad game or enjoying the smell of your own farts after a good game result in laying an egg in the following game? A good shooter needs to forget the last shot and shoot the next one with confidence expecting it to go in. A good team needs to immediately put a win or a loss behind them and start preparing for the next opponent. The coaches will make sure shortcomings are addressed in practice preparation as much as can be. Dwelling on a game - either win or lose - is not good for future performance.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
team hasn't learned anything.

You have not learned anything. You don't just replace 2 AA players with previous year's role players and not miss a beat, although Fred has done a hell of a job to make it close.

There are other good teams in the Big 12, several of which have equal or better talent. This means we will lose several games, and on the road against a team like OU or KU it is no surprise it won't be close. The TT loss is the only one to be overly critical of, but you should have learned about our abilities. We are one of the least physically gifted team in the conference. With that in mind, the amount of success we have is impressive.

DesignerClone

Dec 13, 2014
You have not learned anything. You don't just replace 2 AA players with previous year's role players and not miss a beat, although Fred has done a hell of a job to make it close.

There are other good teams in the Big 12, several of which have equal or better talent. This means we will lose several games, and on the road against a team like OU or KU it is no surprise it won't be close. The TT loss is the only one to be overly critical of, but you should have learned about our abilities. We are one of the least physically gifted team in the conference. With that in mind, the amount of success we have is impressive.

Not on to the next thread quite yet. Swarthy says something here that I think needs to sink in for lots of Cyclone fans — "We are one of the least physically gifted team in the conference. With that in mind, the amount of success we have is impressive."

If you watch B12 games outside of our games, this is painfully obvious. I've always thought that Fred gets more out of what he has than any coach in the conference, and probably in the country. We are not particularly tall nor bulky. We do not have McD all stars. We get spoiled from the success Fred can squeeze out of his guys, and then start expecting more than they are capable of achieving. It's all there to see. We just have to take off the cardinal and gold glasses and start being more objective.

Help Support Us

Become a patron