Oregon Vs Iowa State who is more effective with transfers?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
"While this Oregon team has a long way to go before they can compete for a national title, the opportunity for a memorable season is at hand."

I honestly think we are 4 years closer to that NC-caliber team than they are.

If you could trade, would you trade ISU basketball success for Oregon football success?

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Has Altman been going this way the whole time he coached? I looked up their rosters and didn't see many until this year. If he has been going after transfers heavily since the start than he did sign his contract 3 days before Hoiberg so maybe Hoiberg is a copycat :realmad:

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
"While this Oregon team has a long way to go before they can compete for a national title, the opportunity for a memorable season is at hand."

If you could trade, would you trade ISU basketball success for Oregon football success?

Assuming the success carries the same amount of national attention and money, yes.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

Hell no. Screw football. We'd still never get included in any BCS bowl or make the playoffs unless we go 12-0 and win every game by 40 points. We'd get passed over by someone like Ohio State who played as many good teams this season as Boise State and TCU used to, but Ohio State for some reason almost made the BCS title game and neither one of them ever had a real chance.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Pretty sure that news outlet is Oregon's university equivalent of the ISU Daily. You can go to Bleacher Report and read paid professional writers who don't know their head from their ***.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Iowa state started. Witchita state did it last year and went final four. Oregon is way late to the party.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I think looking at transfers, and actively seeking them out is just part of the college game now. There are far too many transfers each year for it not to be. If a college is not willing to accept transfers, or thinks sticking to only recruiting high school players is somehow "doing things the right way" then that college is just behind the times, and in the end will likely fail.

I think what makes CFH a little different is that he will come right out and admit that he is going to actively go after the best talent available, whether that is high school players, jucos, transfers that have to sit a year, fifth year graduates, or one and done players. I think he has enough confidence in his abilities (and those of his staff) to mold the group he selects into a winning team, and so far it is working.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Actually, wasn't McDermott the coach who started making us Transfer U ... in reverse?

Reactions: Doc

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
ISU for sure....Fred got Kane, and Oregon got Amardi who is putting up pretty pedestrian numbers for them, and less than 20 minutes a game.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Pretty sure that news outlet is Oregon's university equivalent of the ISU Daily. You can go to Bleacher Report and read paid professional writers who don't know their head from their ***.

The author of this article is an Oregon student. From their Twitter page it looks like they're a sophomore. We are spending our time disagreeing with a story about Oregon written by a 19-year old Oregon fan.