Oscar Tshiebwe's huge NIL deal.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
If the rumors about Will McDonald getting a nice NIL deal for another year are true, I see no reason why one couldn't be put together for IB. TJ is also pretty tight with a large donor isn't he?

On the other hand, I wouldn't blame IB for not staying even if one was offered. He very well might want to test out the NBA or start an overseas career

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
If the rumors about Will McDonald getting a nice NIL deal for another year are true, I see no reason why one couldn't be put together for IB. TJ is also pretty tight with a large donor isn't he?

On the other hand, I wouldn't blame IB for not staying even if one was offered. He very well might want to test out the NBA or start an overseas career
They are true.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
NIL is not going to be a major tool for ISU, it just isn't. ISU has a grand total of like 1.5 sugar daddies.

I think NIL is going to wreck the conference system. There is no way teams like ISU should in any way be expected to compete with the big NIL schools. Texas A&M spent $30m on their last football class.

The top 20-30 schools are essentially going to become semi-pro teams.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think NIL is going to wreck the conference system. There is no way teams like ISU should in any way be expected to compete with the big NIL schools. Texas A&M spent $30m on their last football class.

I wonder is those donors will be able to continually support that year in and year out, in addition to donations to the school.

Even if it’s a business that’s making the deal, that’s still money that your not investing in the business to grow it.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
if we can get many 3 to low 4 figure doners it would be doable and worth a try. Just need a hard figure from him on what it would take for him to stay.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Who’s to say A&M wasn’t spending that on recruits before NIL?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So why couldn’t this athlete sign a deal until recently?

Something about foreign student-athetes playing on a visa. Said something about Fixing it at the federal level. Must be an NCAA thing.