***OSU vs ISU***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The Iowa State women's basketball team (9-3, 1-0 Big 12) looks to extend its winning streak to eight-straight games when it faces Oklahoma State (11-1, 1-0 Big 12) on Saturday, Jan. 2 at 2 p.m. in Hilton Coliseum. Iowa State is looking to improve to 15-5 in Big 12 home openers.

When: Saturday, Jan. 2 at 2 p.m.
TV: Cyclones.tv

Same line-up with Brent Blum returning as Color.

6'-0" senior guard Brittany Martin got 26 points and 10 boards against BU, close to her average of 24 and 10.4. Their next scorer is 6'4" soph center Kaylee Jensen, averaging 15 pts,, 8 boards and 58% FT. threes don't seem to be important to this team - taking few and hitting less. Look for defense on assist leader 5'4" sr. guard Patton. I like our chances. Every game our posts get better and we're pretty decent balance on scoring with four players averaging in double digits and Kidd a constant, if inconsistent, threat; Mer and Em capable subs. CBF loves to prepare for a team with a single leading scoring threat.

Before they beat Baylor, OSU record looks a lot like KSU did - one quality win - 9-3 Washington State at home and one loss - to 7-3 South Florida on the road. BU is still an unknown quantity, Kim got scheduled out of the big non-con match-ups so there's no measuring stick in a lackluster schedule except the loss to OSU.

It's still early for meaningful numbers, but in a couple of months RPI will be critical. The BIG XII slipped by ACC on Wednesday - probably due to the Pittsburgh loss to A 10 Duquesne. Once non-con is over, the conference RPI is locked in. We're in fourth and likely will stay. Officially, Duke has slipped to 17, KSU down to 42 and Iowa is up to 18. OSU is 35 and ISU is up to 88. RealtimeRPI is close at 36 and 87. We've a ways to go to impress the committee. Keep winning.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Will be tuning in at 2:00. Will be a good test for both teams. Wish we had TeeTee to roll out and chase Martin. Maybe we will see Kidd assigned to it.
Wish you had not mention prepping for a big scorer. Always reminds me of Jayne Appel. :swoon:

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I'd like to see a victory here. I seriously doubt OSU can play with the same intensity as they did Wednesday. That was their Super Bowl. Brittney Martin is in a class all by her self.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Interested to see what the scoring total is. Great defensive team so need yo come out strong. Brittany alone can do a ton of damage in a hurry. Plus they have Jack Easley :)

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
The shots will start falling at some point. The key is to not let OSU separation during this cold spell.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow..........ISU shooting 20.7 percent from the field. 6/29. Even worse from 3 point.....only 2/15. Has to get better in 2nd half right?

Going to need to be better because I don't know if it's realistic to think Martin will only score 2 points in this game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, 50 points will win this one going away!

Just talking to myself here, okay. :smile:

Edit: 45 points will win this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron