OT: Apple Airpods vs Pro

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
We got some really nice (so I thought) Beats wireless solo headphones for Xmas from work. They are nice but working from home i wear them all day and they start to physically hurt my ears.

Does anyone have the Apple Airpods Pros? Worth the investment? Any sales you know of anywhere?

CYCLONE STATE

Dec 8, 2007
Clive
Love my pros. Noise cancellation is great when I mow the lawn. Sound quality is good. Wear them on bike rides-stay on fine to 30mph and are comfortable.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Funny, I'm the complete opposite - all Apple earphones kill my ears, while Beats are fairly comfortable in my ears.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Do you have andorid or iphone? i won a pair of airpods and with my android i have it as loud as it can go and they aren't loud enough in anything other than i quiet room. Coming from my ipad they are fine.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I love my beats pro wireless headphones. I mainly wear them when working out. Not sure I'd want the apple ones without the wrap around situation. I have pretty large facial orifices and am skeptical the air pods would stay in while running.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
So many options here. Some folks love their Beats; others think they provide objectively sub-standard audio for premium prices.

-Wired or wireless?
-Earbud or cans?
-Need a microphone?
-Preference on isolating/noise-cancelling/none?
-OS(s) being used?

Edit: and most importantly... what’s you budget?

Last edited:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Have you considered over ear headphones?
I've enjoyed these since I've been working from home. Microphone works really well too, if you're going to be on conference calls.

Anker Soundcore Q20

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Love my pros. Noise cancellation is great when I mow the lawn. Sound quality is good. Wear them on bike rides-stay on fine to 30mph and are comfortable.
I wish I would have held out for the pros because of the noise canceling. I like my regular AirPods but I have a cheap set of workout earbuds for mowing and snow blowing.