OT: Biggest surprise you've ruined?

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
So my friend is moving across the country and I didn't realize that he had not told everyone yet. I accidentally revealed it in a group text today and now I feel pretty bad.

This got me thinking (but really I just need to hear from others on how they've also messed up so I feel better), what's the biggest surprise you've spoiled?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
A girl I was dating had this cancer scare and didn't want me to tell anyone, but I sort of let one of her friends know lol

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Most recently I blabbed about Han dying in The Force Awakens. I had already seen the movie twice, but forgot not everyone is fanatical as I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Most recently I blabbed about Han dying in The Force Awakens. I had already seen the movie twice, but forgot not everyone is fanatical as I am.

And you correct that mistake by doing the same thing again, this time on a message board.:twitcy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I put this in a spoiler.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Husband found out I was pregnant with one of the kids because I threw the test kit in the bathroom garbage on trash day. Was trying to think of how to tell him since I had a miscarriage a few months before and we were still dealing with a lot of emotions about that. Forgot the trash schedule was moved up a day for a holiday. Not the most romantic way to learn you are a father again.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I had plans to propose to my fiance in the evening. She had no clue. That afternoon, I asked her to get my credit card out of my wallet while I was ordering something on-line. I completely forgot that I put the receipt for her engagement ring in there.

I ended up proposing very unceremoniously in the parking lot of our apartment complex. #romanceisn'tdead

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Husband found out I was pregnant with one of the kids because I threw the test kit in the bathroom garbage on trash day. Was trying to think of how to tell him since I had a miscarriage a few months before and we were still dealing with a lot of emotions about that. Forgot the trash schedule was moved up a day for a holiday. Not the most romantic way to learn you are a father again.
Sounds like the romance was beforehand.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I taped the sprayer down on our kitchen sink when I was in high school to get my mom, but I used the sink before her the following day and sprayed myself...damn you karma

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I had plans to propose to my fiance in the evening. She had no clue. That afternoon, I asked her to get my credit card out of my wallet while I was ordering something on-line. I completely forgot that I put the receipt for her engagement ring in there.

I ended up proposing very unceremoniously in the parking lot of our apartment complex. #romanceisn'tdead

My fiance found her ring receipt before I proposed too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron