OT - Million Dollars a Year to Eat

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
How can he be "close to achieving" his goal of living forever "by 2029"? If your goal is to live forever, it will always be a work in progress, or he doesn't achieve it.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
How can he be "close to achieving" his goal of living forever "by 2029"? If your goal is to live forever, it will always be a work in progress, or he doesn't achieve it.

Great point.......

0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

He's saying they will have the perfect combination of pills by 2029 and understand it well enough to make it possible. It has been well known for some time that simple calorie restriction will lengthen your life significantly.

At a quick glance I'd take out the soy milk and replace with Almond milk.

Last edited:

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Yeah, I had great grandparents live into their 90's and saw what they were like at that age. Does this diet also allow him not to lose any mental capacity or mobility as he ages?

I'd like to live forever, but I'm not sacrificing my happiness now for a few extra years wearing my depends in a nursing home.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I heard today that the oldest dog alive died recently at the age of 30. Not sure this is relevant, but posting anyways.

no kidding? That's a crazy old dog. Had to be a little dog because the bigger dogs' legs would give out way before then.

Having a pet that long would be strange.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ

As comedian Steven Wright says "I plan to live forever and so far so good."

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Currently on the ideal protein diet and even with all my supplements I'm taking isn't more than like 8 pills. Good grief.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
No one lives forever. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Science has learned a lot about the aging process in the past twenty years. The big pharma industry has mostly kept the lid on the real ways to live a healthy life style. They know now that telleromes (sp?) are on every cell and keep the DNA protected but as they start to unravel with age the DNA starts to break down. Think of them as the little plastic ends on some threads like your shoe lace. There are some natural things, tumeric spices for instance, that help keep the telleromes in tact.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

The guy in this movie has lived forever. So, we have science fiction proof I guess.

The Man from Earth is a 2007 American drama science fiction film written by Jerome Bixby and directed by Richard Schenkman. It stars David Lee Smith as John Oldman, the protagonist. The screenplay was conceived by Jerome Bixby in the early 1960s and completed on his deathbed in April 1998.[SUP][2][/SUP] The film gained recognition in part for being widely distributed through Internet peer-to-peer networks, which raised its profile. The film was later adapted by Schenkman into a stage play of the same name.
The plot focuses on John Oldman, a departing university professor, who claims to be a Cro-Magnon (or Magdalenian caveman) who has secretly survived for more than 14,000 years. The entire film is set in and around Oldman's house during his farewell party and is composed almost entirely of dialogue. The plot advances through intellectual arguments between Oldman and his fellow faculty members.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Currently on the ideal protein diet and even with all my supplements I'm taking isn't more than like 8 pills. Good grief.

How's it going for you? My wife started this and has lost quite a bit. I started 3 weeks after her, but really just following their recommendations and using substitutes for their food/shakes/pills. The first 3 days were terrible but after that it has been pretty easy, just need a little self control.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Who would want to live forever? That thought is a hell of a lot scarier than dying, in my opinion. You'd have to watch everybody you know and love die. I think it would not only make you the oldest, but also the loneliest person in the world!

No Thanks!