OU Game Thread

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
I have watched most of the game, and I think that it is sad that they went after Mike, Wesley, and Jiri to get them fouls. Of course as the Big 12 is run, and since the game is in Oklahoma, I am not surprised that they called fouls, and put our best (only) offensive players on the bench for a large portion of the game.

I also love that the conference has had Reid Gettys act as a OU color man, he has been awful, completly biased.

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
Hats off to our guys for not quitting. With the new guys coming in, the future looks bright.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
We won just as many games in the Big 12 this year as last. For once we end the season with something REAL to look forward to.

And with a couple of made shots, we could have finished 6th in the Big 12, and won MORE games than last year.

Yep, definitely something to look forward to.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
These guys play hard and want to win. We were picked last and finished eighth. Not bad. Next year we'll be picked eighth and finish fourth. Go Cyclones!

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
Well done lads... well done. It's never a good feeling to end on a loss, but at least it was a game. No blowout to leave a bad taste. Next year will be interesting to say the least...

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I'm not the least bit disappointed in this team

Sure, it would have been great to win a few more games, but the games were fun to watch, the players are likeable and play very hard and we couldn't ask for a better coach. All in all, I had a great time going to all the games this year, and next year looks to be fantastic!!!

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Yeah, I thought this was gonna be our year...

what? We knew this year wasn't going anywhere before it started.

I was hoping for one more win to solidify the season. Thanks for the comment though...I am as optimistic for the future as anyone else.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
You can feel a ground swell of good vibes in Ames. I think this program is on the up and up. Next year we'll take it to the next level.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Guess we need to have each player take about 25,000 shots over the summer and run laps between shots. Our defense was first to become okay, then our rebounding, then our dribbling the ball up court, then our passing the ball around the perimeter, but unfortunately our shooting was unacceptable all season long except for some spurts. If we can ever shoot the ball like the old UNI teams, we will do much better. We should strive to be able to score 70 points in a game next year. You can win with defense in the 50s in the MVC, but the Big 12 is higher scoring and you better be able to shoot the pill.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Proud of the guys tonight, I don't believe in "moral" victories at all, so no way u r gonna hear me say that, But this team definitely has shown improvement this year and I think this program and these players have big things ahead of them. Mike T should thrive more with other guards coming in to compete and hopefully make things easier for him. And Jiri has been most improved BY FAR this year and I'd love to see him with a little more muscles to dominate inside next year. We got 4 good recruits coming in and Alex Thompson is Mr. Unselfish and should be every fan's favorite - I can't wait for next year, but now it's time to root on the women at 6pm. BEAT A&M!!!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Guess we need to have each player take about 25,000 shots over the summer and run laps between shots.[...]We should strive to be able to score 70 points in a game next year. You can win with defense in the 50s in the MVC, but the Big 12 is higher scoring and you better be able to shoot the pill.

That sums it up pretty well. The offense needs to crank it up to the next level.

cyclone14

Jan 2, 2007
Well done lads... well done. It's never a good feeling to end on a loss, but at least it was a game. No blowout to leave a bad taste. Next year will be interesting to say the least...
only two teams end up winning their last game, maybe soon well be one of the them

Help Support Us

Become a patron