NFL: Overhyped Favre

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
Never criticize Favre in front of a packer fan is what I've learned from my 18 years on earth. It's like they carry around cards in their pockets with a list full of excuses. Then when they are done with the excuse they find some way to insult you.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Why shadow a great career by a great guy? What a jerk for writing that article. Theres always one in the crowd who justh as to be an idiot

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Favre was crazy good last year most the season. He did actually win a superbowl.... Just as many as Peyton Manning has so far.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
Favre was crazy good last year most the season. He did actually win a superbowl.... Just as many as Peyton Manning has so far.
Does that mean that Troy Aikman was three times the QB Favre was?:biglaugh:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
At least Troy had Emmet and Michael.

3x better? no.

Better because he won more superbowls? yes.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
At least Troy had Emmet and Michael.

3x better? no.

Better because he won more superbowls? yes.

So where does that leave Marino on the list? Brady? Do we knock Montana down because of those two good but not great years in Kansas City? What about Steve Young?

Yeah, we gave him a pass on stuff. He threw picks that pissed us off, but his mistakes made him seem more like one of us.

The one thing I don't get in this article is the Starr argument. No self-respecting Packer fan will deny that Starr was a hell of a quarterback. But the gap in supporting cast between the two is massive.

Hall-of-Famers Favre has played with:
Reggie White, DE

Potential Hall-of-Famers (mostly off 90's all-decade team):
Hardy Nickerson, LB (one year, the end of his career)
LeRoy Butler, SS
Sterling Sharpe, WR (before the 1996 Super Bowl)

Hall-of-Famers Starr is associated with:
Vince Lombardi, coach
Herb Adderly, CB
Willie Davis, DE
Len Ford, DE
Forrest Gregg, OT
Paul Hornung, HB
Henry Jordan, LB
Ray Nitschke, LB
Jim Ringo, C
Jim Taylor, FB
Emlen Tunnell, DB
Willie Wood, S

Potential Hall-of-Famers (mostly off all-60's team):
Boyd Dowler, WR
Jerry Kramer, G
Fuzzy Thurston, G
Dave Robinson, LB

The man retired. It's over. Dr. Z and this guy got their chance to dance in the streets in celebration, time to move on.

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com
Does that mean that Troy Aikman was three times the QB Favre was?:biglaugh:

If the only way you measure a quarterback is by Super Bowl wins, then Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are apparently the best quarterbacks ever.

I don't buy it. You have to take their whole body of work into account. For this reason, Favre is among the top 5, if not, 3 quarterbacks of all time.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
This thread is ridiculous. I am not a Packers fan but a big Favre fan. The guy is one of the greatest QB's of all time.

Favre didn't deliver the second half of his career? He finished 2nd in the MVP voting this year. His team was bad last year and he led them to an 8-8 record. He threw a lot of INT's b/c he had to try and make plays happen. His teams weren't very good and would have been the worst in the league if it was not for Favre. Anyone who doesn't see that is jealous and dare I say hatin!!!