OWH - Area prospects

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
That article states that we've offered both White and Kastanek. I had assumed we'd offered Kastakek, but I don't think it had been confirmed before now. Good info.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Here's Morgan Lucy's stats from last season. (QuickStats) She is listed at 6-2 and it looks like she should have a good senior season with a lot of depth around her.

54/55Lucy, Morgan Jr. 341 15.51 39-262 53.1% 0-00.0% 63-9764.9%

Other StatisticsPlayer #NameYearRebounds
Off-Def-TotalAssistsTOsStealsBlocksFouls
54/55Lucy, Morgan Jr. 76-137-213 16 26 31 62 62

Games Played Stats#NameYearGames
PlayedGames, StartedQuarters, PlayedQtrs Played per Game
22 22 86 3.9

Last edited:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
An article concerning Kastanek from Wednesday: LINK

While Kastanek says Iowa State and North Carolina State have a slight edge over the rest of the pack right now, "Nebraska is up there, too."

BUT...

Kastanek recently was contacted by Stanford, a school that immediately would move to the top of her list if a scholarship was offered.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
RE:
"Kastanek recently was contacted by Stanford, a school that immediately would move to the top of her list if a scholarship was offered."

From what I've heard, this is true - wish it wasn't like this, but, it is. There are a hundred girls in the top 100 and Tara and Geno can't get them all. If we're in on several, we'll get our share.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
you have to start seriously wondering if Standford stalks ISU recruits. We were recruiting the Montana girl, then Stanford. Then the chosen one....now her.

Seriously though, I really feel sorry for the ISU coaching staff they work so hard early on in the recruiting phase, then name schools just swoop in much later. You'd hope that the early building relationships matter, ala Logic, but it does seem Stanford likes similar players to ISU.

Muskyhunter

May 3, 2006
Main feature in this article is 6'3" 14-year-old Chatrice White, who it says we've offered. The article lists a few others we have followed. Do we know much about 6-3 post player Morgan Lucy of Glenwood, Iowa?

Big schools flock to small-town star - Omaha.com

Morgan is a nice post player who draws alot of double teams throughout the season. I coached her in middle school and she has continued to improve each year. She currently plays on a good Nebraska travel team (Shooting Stars) and has heard from quite a few programs. She has good hands, average speed, but a strong inside player with nice size. Her dad is 7-1 so she could still grow a little more. I see her going to a nice DII program as most D1 programs are still waiting to see how she progresses and may take a 2nd look if scholarships are available in spring.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009