Ozark on Netflix

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Wow, I just started this series last night.... Very deep script, really like it so far.... Anyone else watching this?

They make most of the Ozarks (mizzoure) folks seems backwoods, which I don't deny they probably are, but is seems a bit much.... I also like that even though they are that way, there are some of them that throw shade and curve balls at the main character which shows their is more depth there.....

Last edited:

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
I've watched the whole first season and enjoyed it. It's kind of like Breaking Bad. It seems the main character tells everyone right away that he is doing illegal things (this is almost his defense mechanism at this point). That doesn't seem too believable but hey it's a TV show so you have to accept a little bit of unbelievably.

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
Just finished episode 5. Not sure how much I like it yet but it seems so different that I can't stop watching.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I really like the show. It honestly gives me a lot of flashbacks to my younger days spending summers in the Ozarks, the dilapidated dock business, the old motel. Both sets of my grandparents retired in the Ozarks and I spent my summers there. The show isn't far off. The northwest side has changed quite a bit because of branson, but the southwest side (arkansas way) is a LOT like the show. Where my GPs lived, you had to go into Arkansas to get to them, even though they had a missouri address. Its well known that a lot of people that want to live off the grid move down there. There are a lot of abandoned homes, mobile homes, and campers there. I know 1st hand, I went down there last year, and there are trees growing in my grandparents old place, and there was a odd leanto built onto the back of it with smoke coming out of a pipe on the roof.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
My biggest complaint about the show is Laura Linney. She is a fabulous actress, but something about her just really bothers me. She always seems to play self-righteous people.

Reactions: TXCyclones

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
A coworker says I remind him of the main character. Is this a compliment or a slam?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
binged watch all 10 episodes. It was freaking great, can't wait for the next season.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow, I just started this series last night.... Very deep script, really like it so far.... Anyone else watching this?

They make most of the Ozarks (mizzoure) folks seems backwoods, which I don't deny they probably are, but is seems a bit much.... I also like that even though they are that way, there are some of them that throw shade and curve balls at the main character which shows their is more depth there.....

After watching the Parts Unknown episode where Bourdain goes to the Ozarks I feel pretty comfortable that it's more backwoods and primitive in some ways than the parts of Iowa and Nebraska I grew up in. Giving us permission to not seem like hypocrites based on that little documentary episode alone.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've watched the whole first season and enjoyed it. It's kind of like Breaking Bad. It seems the main character tells everyone right away that he is doing illegal things (this is almost his defense mechanism at this point). That doesn't seem too believable but hey it's a TV show so you have to accept a little bit of unbelievably.

Even if it's a straight Breaking Bad ripoff, better 2 or 3 of those done well than the 874th forensic science detective show.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
After watching the Parts Unknown episode where Bourdain goes to the Ozarks I feel pretty comfortable that it's more backwoods and primitive in some ways than the parts of Iowa and Nebraska I grew up in. Giving us permission to not seem like hypocrites based on that little documentary episode alone.
Rulo. NE?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Just finished the first season. Great series! It's Breaking Bad Branson basicly.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
It's great. Only problem for me is it not being filmed in the real lake. I have ancondo down there.they donuse some terms like horse shoe bend and such. Also if you ever go down there in the winter. It's really red neck land.