Panther Sports Network

ubuntuCAT

Oct 4, 2007
The real question is, whose cameras will be used to record the game? Will they be shiny new ESPN cameras, or will they be the kind that gets dug out of the pile from their spot next to a boom box and an 8-track recorder?

This is not an ESPN produced game. ESPN fullcourt/ESPN3.com is picking up the PSN feed much like the last ISU game that had the Mediacom feed.

If anyone cares Jeff Mickey is doing play by play and Rick Coleman color commentary.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If anyone cares Jeff Mickey is doing play by play and Rick Coleman color commentary.

Rob Brooks, not Jeff Mickey. And thank God it's not Jared Aarons. If there was an audio track of paint drying, it would be that guy.

Straight from UNI...
PANTHER SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK INFORMATION
Wednesday's game between UNI and Iowa State will be broadcast on the Panther Sports Television Network with clearances on KWWL (Waterloo), KCWI (Des Moines), ESPN FullCourt and ESPN3.com. Rob Brooks (play-by-play) and Rick Coleman (analyst) will call the action courtside at the McLeod Center.

Reactions: JBone84

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Rob Brooks, not Jeff Mickey. And thank God it's not Jared Aarons. If there was an audio track of paint drying, it would be that guy.

Straight from UNI...
Wednesday's game between UNI and Iowa State will be broadcast on the Panther Sports Television Network with clearances on KWWL (Waterloo), KCWI (Des Moines), ESPN FullCourt and ESPN3.com. Rob Brooks (play-by-play) and Rick Coleman (analyst) will call the action courtside at the McLeod Center.

This is a fantastic call. Living in eastern Iowa I've flipped on a local game or two from time to time and that guy's voice / personality combination makes me want to repeatedly stab my eardrums with a rusty nail.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Thank you! Thank you all so much!!

I'd like to thank Chris Williams for giving Cyclone Fanatic to all of us as a means of expression.

I'd like to thank my fellow nominees. You push me to be a better poster every day. I respect the hell out of you guys!!

I'd like to thank my family for raising me in the sarcastic environment that you did. Without you, I'd never have turned into the smart-*** that I am today. You guys are the best!

(music starts playing)

I'd like to thank my wife and kids for all the support you give me at home and allowing me to waste as much time on the computer as you do. Without you guys standing behind me, well, I suppose I'd be surfing more p0rn.

(music getting louder)

Oh, I feel like I'm leaving so many people out. Thanks to my internet provider and that dude that built my computer. Umm, thanks to my high school and college composition teachers. Umm, I need to appologize to my boss for not being more productive this morning. Umm, oh this means so much to me.

Yo ca4cy, I’m really happy for you…I’ll let you finish. But Roger Sprague had one of the best posts of all time! One of the best posts of all time!

-Kanye Westerheimerphat

FunkyCyd

Apr 29, 2009

Are you talking about the semi-famous choreographer Jeez Loueez? If so, it appears that Qwest already has her via You Tube....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicM_pAMHpY"]YouTube - Vaudezilla Presents - "Teeth" by Jeez Loueez[/ame]

Hibby

Nov 27, 2010
Waterloo
This is a fantastic call. Living in eastern Iowa I've flipped on a local game or two from time to time and that guy's voice / personality combination makes me want to repeatedly stab my eardrums with a rusty nail.

+1 gazillion for THIS post.. gahhh! I was actually debating going to the bars in CF for the game, now it's official. I'll either a) get drunk enough to space those guys out, or b) it'll so jam packed I won't hear it anyway.

mganzeveld

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Rapids
Here in Cedar Rapids, the feed through the xbox is a much clearer picture than on the MediaCom22 channel. Now how is that possible? Mediacom is redistributing the same signal through streaming as it is through their own channel yet the MC22 channel looks like we are picking up old Ames WOI off of bunny ears to an old console tv built in 1982. Even though the streaming on the xbox gets glitchy at times, it is still closer to standard definition than MC22. It begs to question: Does Gary Rima sound better in HD? OOH BABY I bet he does!

Cyclonefarmer

Mar 23, 2006
rural se North Carolina
I realize most of you are in Iowa and maybe the coverage or definition isn't what you would like but I am just pumped that the game is on ESPN Full Court. Of course if I was back home I'd probably feel the same. MC22 doesn't come in totally clear on FC but I can definately live with it. I just hate missing stuff like the Bobby Lutz's interview for some ESPN half-time BS.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
LOL!!!!!!!!

. . . Out of curiosity was your last PSN viewing on Cable or OTA? . . .
I have Dish Network. I remember that I couldn't quite decide if OTA directly was better or worse than the satellite feed.

Oh -- and for the record -- I'm happy that I'm able to watch the game -- even if it's not very good quality.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

Straight from UNI...

Coleman isnt much better. For being a Panther homer, he's a bit off sometimes. If I were watching it on TV, I would rather turn off the sound and listen to a little bit of Rima! OOOOOOH BABY!

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
23.1 comes in beautifully OTA in Ames if you have an excellent antenna. The picture quality and color is much better than the Medicom feed that has a compressed signal. Sorry guys, the cable gives us quantity but not necessarily quality. I put a huge antenna in my attic last year just so I would not be complaining while watching local broadcasts like the UNI game.