Paradise Jam

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How many of you fanatics will be joining us in the Virgin Islands in Nov. for the Jam?

It's on my "decide in October" list but I will be giving it some big consideration. Never been to the Islands and this would be a good excuse to buzz down there for a week.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
It's on my "decide in October" list but I will be giving it some big consideration. Never been to the Islands and this would be a good excuse to buzz down there for a week.

Same here... It is a good excuse to get to Virgin Islands. Do you know exactly where they play all of the games?!

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
For those of you that are going to decide in October - just a couple of thoughts:

This tourney is over Thanksgiving and and the first game is on Thanksgiving Day. Turkey day is the # 1 traveled holiday in the US, so flights may be tight come October.

If you can do it, come back on Monday vs. Sunday it will save you money on your flight and Sunday is a day I wouldn't want to be in an airport.

All eight teams are staying at the Mariott Fisherman's Wharf, so rooms are scarce there. St. Thomas has only a few "chain" hotels, and the rest are local hotels. The Wyndham Sugar Bay is the only all inclusive on the island.

If you have a passport, it is recommended you take it with you.

I can't wait, I'm sure come November I'll be ready for some warm weather. I already know the OP, so hoping a few other fanatics come along and cheer for the ladies.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
The U.S. Virgin Islands is a United States territory. Its like traveling to Minnesota. You don't need a passport, just something like a driver's license.

Last edited:

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The U.S. Virgin Islands is a United States territory. Its like traveling to Minnesota. You don't need a passport, just something like a driver's license.

Correct, you don't need a passport, however several people I have talked to said it made their travels easier with the passport. Also, if you do an excursion to the British Virgin Islands, you would need a passport. I spent the money because I plan to go to the British Virgin Islands, and a passport is a better source of ID than a drivers license IMO.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Unless you're down there a while and you're staying in St. Thomas, don't bother going to BVI, go over to St. Johns.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron