Parrish

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I think 4 losses wins the Big XII

If ISU wins out at home, that means they could lose at OU, KU, and lets say Baylor and Texas. If they figure out how to win this game at OU, give them a +1 in the conference race. While we are hoping, would be nice to have a Baylor upset of KU to go with that!

Which is more likely?

ISU beating OU or Baylor beating KU Saturday?

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I think 4 losses wins the Big XII

If ISU wins out at home, that means they could lose at OU, KU, and lets say Baylor and Texas. If they figure out how to win this game at OU, give them a +1 in the conference race. While we are hoping, would be nice to have a Baylor upset of KU to go with that!

Which is more likely?

ISU beating OU or Baylor beating KU Saturday?

Awesome question. I'll go with ISU beating OU because Baylor is Baylor is Baylor and KU is at home for some home cooking. Although, overall I would say either of them are pretty unlikely (unfortunately).

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Parrish is kenpom ratings lemming. He fails to use actual analysis past a surface look. He doesn't actually watch games or look deep into schedules.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Parrish is kenpom ratings lemming. He fails to use actual analysis past a surface look. He doesn't actually watch games or look deep into schedules.

Don't know about how good his rankings are but he is spot on picking this as the big game of the weekend.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Your last sentence...do you know this? Has he said as much? I honestly don't know so I'm wondering why he would admit that.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Your last sentence...do you know this? Has he said as much? I honestly don't know so I'm wondering why he would admit that.
For something to read, I browse his top 25 and 1 articles and his poll attacks from time to time. He usually just uses kenpom ratings for all his evidence and he doesn't know how to use it. He is one of the worst analysts out there, but the poll attacks are sometimes amusing. If he actually looked deeper at schedules he wouldn't be using just kenpom ratings.

As far as watching games. I don't know if he does or not, but he rarely talks about how a team plays as in whether they utilize size, how much they share the ball, what kind of defense they play, etc. At best you get tempo, def, off stats from kenpom which take about 5 secs to get.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Im sick of hearing about Ben Simmons. Is he good? Oh yeah but LSU is terrible. Yet LSU gets more pub because of him than most of the top 10.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
It's a shame we won't see Simmons ever play in the tournament. No clue why he decided to waste his one year of college playing for a ****** coach and not a proven program.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
If TT comes to Hilton at 11-1 on a holiday break Wednesday, it will be interesting to see how the team responds, win or lose Saturday. My feeling is that some folks will come down to earth hard this month. There are others beside ISU who REALLY haven't had much of a test yet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I hesitate to put much stock in these before we get halfway through conference play, but the latest Sagarin ratings are a little tough to swallow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sagarin.jpg
    Sagarin.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 810

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Better chance of losing at WV opposed to TX ( I like our chances there with Ridley out)...

If I remember right, we play at UWV on Big Monday after a home Sat game....Not good...quick turnaround and longest travel in the conference. I would agree, better chance winning in Austin again than winning in Morgantown again.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
It's a shame we won't see Simmons ever play in the tournament. No clue why he decided to waste his one year of college playing for a ****** coach and not a proven program.

I'm really torn on this because I want blue chip kids to choose schools other than the standard KU, UK, Duke, UNCs of the world. I want ISU to get a chance at these kids. At the same time, I think he looked at location and nothing else, which is unfortunate. I think he could have selected a school nearby with a better coach and roster.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Do people think Kenpom ratings been fair to ISU the past 4 or 5 years? I do not follow it very much, but I think it has predicted, or rated ISU fairly well. ISU does well on the offense side of things, while ISU struggles on the defensive side of the ball. And the better teams that go farther in the Big Dance are rated much higher defensively that any of the ISU have been ranked.

When I looked at it for the first time today, I was shocked 'how low' ISU was...for being the 11th ranked team in the country. But looking at it and how the team has been playing, I see it as fairly reasonable.

Was ISU's best kenpom rating the Sweet 16 year?

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
I'm really torn on this because I want blue chip kids to choose schools other than the standard KU, UK, Duke, UNCs of the world. I want ISU to get a chance at these kids. At the same time, I think he looked at location and nothing else, which is unfortunate. I think he could have selected a school nearby with a better coach and roster.

Actually not. The assistant coach played ball with his dad, or something like that...there was a very tight family connection with one of the coaches