Patrick Mahomes' father arrested on suspicion of DWI

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The more successful his son gets the more he likely feels invincible. I’d wager he dropped the classic “do you know who I am?” during the arrest.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The more successful his son gets the more he likely feels invincible. I’d wager he dropped the classic “do you know who I am?” during the arrest.
Dude was a longtime major league starting pitcher, a famous athlete in his own right. Tying his drinking problems to his sons success is pretty silly.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If I was Pat I would refuse to answer anything about this issue. If that's all the media wants to talk about......then don't be available for them. He isn't required by law to stand up in front of a bunch of vultures and keep feeding them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rural Iowa is full of drunk drivers. It's part of the culture.

It's a ****** culture, but it doesn't mean they're ****** people.
It has improved quite a bit. Bars call, people line things up ahead of time, even some cops have given rides home if they see them leave the bar and ask if they would like a ride. While it still happens, it has decreased quite a bit

Reactions: madguy30

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Is that why Patrick does the State Farm commercials, so he gets a deal on his dads high risk insurance?

But seriously, I’d consider hiring a full time driver for my parents if I were in Patrick's situation.

He could do that, but it could also enable the drinking if that's the root of the problem. I don't know enough specifics here but just sad in general with all the options out there for rides that people are endangering lives by driving drunk.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It has improved quite a bit. Bars call, people line things up ahead of time, even some cops have given rides home if they see them leave the bar and ask if they would like a ride. While it still happens, it has decreased quite a bit

Yeah likely some hyperbole on my part as it does sound like it's taned down quite a bit in the areas where I grew up. And alcohol use in the high schools isn't as prevelant whereas it was raging in other times.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Some cops if they pull over a drunk driver will make sure the person has a functioning cell phone and then chuck their keys into the ditch so they can't drive and tell him to call someone to pick them up.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah likely some hyperbole on my part as it does sound like it's taned down quite a bit in the areas where I grew up. And alcohol use in the high schools isn't as prevelant whereas it was raging in other times.
It’s still there but other substances have started taking over. A local middle school is having issues with a kid passing out gummies to his buddies. You can take one down quickly (I’m assuming because I’ve never done them) and then there aren’t really any signs, other than actions, that they have.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Some cops if they pull over a drunk driver will make sure the person has a functioning cell phone and then chuck their keys into the ditch so they can't drive and tell him to call someone to pick them up.
I’ve heard a few similar types. Generally it’s the ones that will be borderline, the ones who are severely drunk get hauled in along with repeat offenders.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Recovering alcoholic who doesn't think its funny to kick people while they're down. I don't care who it is. I wouldn't wish addiction on my worst enemy. It's like living a nightmare.

Kicking someone while they are down let alone still kicking someone years after they made a major change to their life is just pathetic. I try to live by the "treat others as you would like to be treated" motto as you never know when you may go through a hard time in life yourself someday that could humble you. We unfortunately live in a society where some feel that in order to make themselves feel better they have to kick others when they struggle.

As for Pat Mahomes Sr. I've wondered if he had a problem as there were times when they showed him in the suite on the Netflix Quarterback series that he looked pretty intoxicated and even some of the TV broadcasts he has too. Last year after they won the AFC Championship he sure looked like he might have been. Not judging as I've had my share of drunken moments over the years as well and pretty sure Jason Kelce was hammered at the Bills game when he had his shirt off but I doubt he got behind the wheel of a car after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron