Perspective & interesting stat

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Happy Friday to all, hope every1 is ready for tomorrow! I just find the fact that we are the only team in the country with 7 wins against the AP Top-25 while no other team has more than 5..let that soak in for minute. Also not to be outdone we are also the only team with 7 wins against the coaches poll teams and Alabama is the only team with 6 wins. Not tooting my own horn that I knew TJ would be successful but I thought it would take a minimum of 2 years just to get things going in the right direction. I don't think there's a clone out there who can't say we are lucky to have our staff & players. Whatever their individual faults may be they are a monster as a team and I could not be prouder regardless of the finish. Stay warm & safe everyone. Go Clones!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Happy Friday to all, hope every1 is ready for tomorrow! I just find the fact that we are the only team in the country with 7 wins against the AP Top-25 while no other team has more than 5..let that soak in for minute. Also not to be outdone we are also the only team with 7 wins against the coaches poll teams and Alabama is the only team with 6 wins. Not tooting my own horn that I knew TJ would be successful but I thought it would take a minimum of 2 years just to get things going in the right direction. I don't think there's a clone out there who can't say we are lucky to have our staff & players. Whatever their individual faults may be they are a monster as a team and I could not be prouder regardless of the finish. Stay warm & safe everyone. Go Clones!
I agree. Years 1 and 2 are ones where you simply expect a foundation to created, and an identity formed. Not only has the staff done that, but they've done so while experiencing a whole lot of high level success. Amazing start, and credit to the collection of transfers and high school recruits that bought in before they had the proof.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Yep. Pretty much what you said.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I agree. Years 1 and 2 are ones where you simply expect a foundation to created, and an identity formed. Not only has the staff done that, but they've done so while experiencing a whole lot of high level success. Amazing start, and credit to the collection of transfers and high school recruits that bought in before they had the proof.

Not to mention having to rebuild a program when you play in the toughest conference in the country. My expectations coming out of the disaster the program was in was to see the team at least get to .500 in year 1 and maybe if everything goes perfect fight for some kind of postseason this year.

The fact that we are going to have back to back ncaa tourney teams in TJ's first 2 years is outstanding.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
:eek:o_O;):mccaffery:But TJ hasn't had to face the challenges that Fran has....right?
Obviously, Fran had to play 5!! ranked teams this year. There is just no coming back from that gauntlet.

That’s play 5 ranked teams, not win against 5 ranked teams

Last edited: