Peterson: Fans are finally starting to accept that Fred Hoiberg is the Nebraska coach

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Ha, until I saw this thread title, I had honestly forgotten he got the gig. I was one of those who was never upset about it.

Now, I wasn't happy he left Ames in the first place, mainly because I still don't understand wanting to coach for the Bulls, but it's certainly nothing I think about in my daily life. I probably would have forgotten he coached the Bulls if I didn't live in the area and got to hear about it daily.

As others have said here, I think Randy is the one who's still trying to come to grips with the reality. I also think it would have been a lot different for most ISU fans if he had landed a gig in the Big 12. With Nebraska's NCAA history, we probably won't have to ever play them.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
EFzECa.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and CYCLNST8

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Randy obviously the one who hasn't moved on...

That plus the fact that he has nothing else to write about this time of year. Oh sure, he could write about the great spring of recruiting that Basketball and Football have had. Oh wait....that would require him to write a positive story on ISU and he only does that once or twice a year

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
To everyone in the state of Iowa, Fred is page 6 news. To Randy, it's a hot-button topic four years later. Was does no one above him reign him in? It's a mess. He's truly our cousin Eddie.

Because for all the people who go "Dammit randy, not again!" a good number of them click through to the article anyway.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
I accepted he wasn't our coach when he left for the Bulls.

But it's just the fact that Randy has to continuously write some BS story.

Whatever gets him clicks, I suppose. (Doesn't help I'm spreading his *****y stuff, either.)

That's right. This about about clicks and print sales. If feedback tells him folks are still interested in The Fred story, we'll see an occasional write-up. Randy is a fan of Iowa State athletics the same as a car salesman is a fan of the car he/she is showing. It brings in money and pays the bills. His familiarity may have resulted in some affinity for ISU, but he still works for the DMR.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Because for all the people who go "Dammit randy, not again!" a good number of them click through to the article anyway.

I guess "I gotta see Randy's next train-wreck piece" clicks count the same as any other.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Can we quit with Hoiberg and Peterson? Geesh it's getting old. Hoiberg moved on. Peterson should move on to Nebraska also. It's not like Hoiberg excepted the Kentucky or Kansas Job. He went to obscurity where nobody even knew they had a basketball team.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I can't stand listening to Randy on CW's Cyclone radio show. Everything he says is word-vomit garbage. I would much rather listen to a competent Ross Peterson discuss on-goings of EIU than hear another word out of that dummy's mouth.

(This has obviously been brewing inside of me for awhile now.)