PFF college football post on ISU offense

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is a 6-8 win team folks. Probably talented enough to win more than that, but it's really hard to predict more than 8 wins for any CMC team... he's only done it once, right?

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Good running backs "consistently" break long runs for touchdowns. To try and discount them in any way makes no sense.
Let’s run with that… So far he hasn’t accomplished this. I’m not trying to downplay him at all as I’m incredibly happy to have him as our running back. I just want to see him consistently perform positively from game to game. Some of you are just nitpicking about my comments without really looking at the gist of them.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Let’s run with that… So far he hasn’t accomplished this. I’m not trying to downplay him at all as I’m incredibly happy to have him as our running back. I just want to see him consistently perform positively from game to game. Some of you are just nitpicking about my comments without really looking at the gist of them.
Initially you said you wanted to see him have an outstanding game under normal conditions. I pointed out the BYU game was under normal conditions and was unequivocally a great game. You seemed to discount that because he had a long run. I am pointing out that long runs are something good backs do. It's not my fault you started out the thread with a bad take and for some reason continue to defend it. Just take the L and move along.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I thought this was exactly what you were trying to do.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am excited for this season. I don’t care for all the floor and ceiling predictions. I just know that we will have a team capable of beating every team on our schedule. Gone are the days where we have 2 or 3 games that we have zero chance of winning. I’m excited to see how much these guys improve from last year and what new guys emerge.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am excited for this season. I don’t care for all the floor and ceiling predictions. I just know that we will have a team capable of beating every team on our schedule. Gone are the days where we have 2 or 3 games that we have zero chance of winning. I’m excited to see how much these guys improve from last year and what new guys emerge.
Just once I want to see a Matt Campbell team kick Iowa's ass.

We all know what they can do in Big 12 play (last year, 2020 Fiesta year, Alamo year). I want to see him smash our in state rival who appears to be down.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
U saying he’s a mudder?

7b0a9903-4ee6-467c-83d5-0b71a41bff71_text.gif

clone37

Oct 9, 2010
This is a 6-8 win team folks. Probably talented enough to win more than that, but it's really hard to predict more than 8 wins for any CMC team... he's only done it once, right?
I agree, and hope he and the boys prove us wrong this year. I almost feel that Matt's teams always get wrongly pegged in the preseason, in both directions. He's a steady Eddie coach with an average ceiling, but also a fairly high floor.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Even more, this should be a fun team. An exciting team. What’s not to love?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

We all know what they can do in Big 12 play (last year, 2020 Fiesta year, Alamo year). I want to see him smash our in state rival who appears to be down.
So much this. Just break a couple big plays early, get a lead. Get them pressing and they start turning it over. And just have it snowball into a 41 to 10 demolishment.

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024

I do as well. If ISU played Iowa end of the season pat 6 years we would be 4-2 against them in that time. He needs to take this non-conference seriously for once, he did in 2021 and started 3-0 but that team was unbalanced and odd. Had to replace Purdy, Hall. Kolar, Rose etc...

Just wasn't a B12 caliber team.