PG Question?

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Another thing that might be going on is a little competition. Lee got some quality minutes in the last game, so maybe he's going to try for some more playing time, too. He had some speed, and drove the basket a few times against Bethune Cookman. Also, he had some great defensive plays.

Granted, it was against Bethune Cookman, but competition is always a good thing. Makes everyone step up a little.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Garrett's shots have been ugly, but his shooting percentage is only the 4th worst on our team. We really have some poor shooters... at least based on their performance so far this year. Haluska is 0-19 from three point range. That has to be an NCAA record! I do expect these guys to improve since they have no where else to go but up.

GP FG-FGA FG% 3FG-FGA 3PT%
Haluska, Sean....... 9 5-29 .172 0-19 .000
Boozer, Charles..... 6 4-15 .267 3-12 .250
Thompson, Alex..... 9 8-27 .296 1-6 .167
Garrett, Diante..... 9 16-53 .302 1-8 .125

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Diante could probably not score again the rest of the year and begin starting if he can continue to dish out 5 assists a game.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
There's another factor to DG's development that I think other people aren't seeing as well. In a quick interview at the start of the year, he said that he had arrived on campus only benching 115 pounds, and was hoping to bench his weight (175) before long. He had a ways to go, and one thing that I know from personal experience is that when you are lifting weights and increasing your bench, it messes with your fine muscle control. DG really, really needs the extra strength, but it has to be messing with not only his long shots, but his layups as he body struggles to adapt to more strength behind all of his moves.

Like going from driving a four cyclinder, to being at the wheel of a V-8. You don't wanna be on ice the first time you press the pedal.

Frankly, I was astounded that he actually had the cojones to admit that he only benched what he did. Apparently he had never seen the inside of a weight room before.

With his ballhandling and wingspan, he'll be an excellent player and defender. It's just going to take time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron