phillip bates

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
central michigan and ohio university were on tv last night in the mac conference championship bowl.
central michigan beat ohio and little frankie solich was on the sidelines with the ohio team.central michigan had a very good qb.why can't we recruit a qb like cental michigan has.
my questin is"did bates end up with solich at ohio and did he have to sit out a year b4 he could play?"
if he did not go to ohio,where did bates finally land????
thanks

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
Last I heard, Bates was indeed at Ohio U. He has to sit out 2009 as a transfer.

I may be incorrect but Ohio U's QB and backup QB were both seniors this year so there would be a huge void if they didn't have someone capable in the wings. It seemed like a good fit for Bates and the people telling him what to do.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought Boo was Ohio's QB last year and was pretty capable but maybe he was a senior and Theo is a senior this year.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009

I may be incorrect but Ohio U's QB and backup QB were both seniors this year so there would be a huge void if they didn't have someone capable in the wings. It seemed like a good fit for Bates and the people telling him what to do.

No the starter is a senior the backup is a freshman.

cyfanhood

Jan 2, 2008
Town of Iowa fans, YUCK!

:yes:

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Jun 27, 2006
Seems like Ben Roethlisberger, Byron Leftwich and Chad Pennington did all right once the level of competition stepped up a bit.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Seems like Ben Roethlisberger, Byron Leftwich and Chad Pennington did all right once the level of competition stepped up a bit.

Leftwich? Really? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But thanks for providing the extreme exceptions to the rule...

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Jun 27, 2006
You're welcome. Leftwich was highly thought of in Jacksonville before an ankle injury opened the door for David Garrard. He has passed for over 10,000 yards in the NFL, has nearly 60 career TDs and a Super Bowl ring. Not too bad coming from that terrible MAC conference with low levels of competition.

You picked the wrong conference to rip on the quarterback play. They have produced well.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Leftwich? Really? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But thanks for providing the extreme exceptions to the rule...

Read my post about some QB's. Haven't Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Warner been to 6 Super Bowls total?
Granted Romo hasn't won any playoff games but he and Flacco (and Roethlisberger) have a decade each in front of them and can make it to some Super Bowls with the teams they are on. So there goes the idea about mid conference QB's.